LG Electronics (LG) today announced the new LG Q Stylus, the latest model in the Q series midrange smartphones. The LG Q Stylus features handwritten input and depending on the market, it will be available in one or more configurations: Q Stylus+, Q Stylus and Q Stylusα.
The LG Q Stylus is a handwriting input smartphone. The no-nonsense stylus adds convenience and functionality beyond the typical keyboard experience while the intelligent palm rejection system ensures that accuracy is never an issue even when resting one's hand on the display. Even with the display off, the LG Q Stylus will recognize and record handwritten notes. Beyond notes and memos, the stylus can also be utilized to personalize captured images and videos to create animated GIFs.
Beyond the stylus, the LG Q Stylus offers features normally found in more expensive phones, such as an advanced camera that rivals the lens of the LG G series. QLens comes standard on the handset. You can capture an image of a product with QLens to get more information on where to purchase that item or to learn about similar products. QLens is intelligent enough to recognize images of food, fashion, celebrities and even landmarks.
The camera doesn't sacrifice on image quality, sporting an 8MP front camera and 16MP rear lens. Phase Detection Auto Focus (PDAF) makes the camera 23 percent faster than conventional auto focus while Portrait Mode promises to deliver great-looking bokeh selfies.
Audiophiles will appreciate the sound quality of the LG Q Stylus. The phone offers the same DTS:X found in the V and G series for up to 7.1 channel 3D surround sound when listening with earphones. USB Type-C fast charging, IP68 water and dust protection and MIL-STD 810G compliance makes the LG Q Stylus a road warrior's delight. The Smart Rear Key fingerprint sensor not only provides security, it also doubles as the selfie camera shutter button.
Surrounded by the metallic body, the 6.2-inch FHD+ FullVision display delivers bright colors. The 18:9 screen ratio, thin bezel, curved tempered glass and optimized body width all work together to make the phone comfortable to hold and use with just one hand.
The LG Q Stylus will launch on a limited basis starting this month in North America and Asia followed by other key regions in the third quarter. Depending on the market, the LG Q Stylus will be available in three configurations: Q Stylus, Q Stylus+ and Q Stylusα. Pricing and other purchase details will be announced locally at the time of availability.
- Chipset: 1.5GHz Octa-Core or 1.8GHz Octa-Core
- Display: 6.2-inch 18:9 FHD+ FullVision Display (2160 x 1080 / 389ppi)
- Q Stylus+: 4GB RAM / 64GB ROM / microSD (up to 2TB)
- Q Stylus: 3GB RAM / 32GB ROM / microSD (up to 2TB)
- Q Stylusα: 3GB RAM / 32GB ROM / microSD (up to 2TB)
- Q Stylus+: Rear 16MP with PDAF / Front 8MP or 5MP with Super Wide Angle
- Q Stylus: Rear 16MP with PDAF / Front 8MP or 5MP with Super Wide Angle
- Q Stylusα: Rear 13MP with PDAF / Front 5MP with Super Wide Angle
- Battery: 3,300mAh
- Operating System: Android 8.1.0 Oreo
- Size: 160.15 x 77.75 x 8.4mm
- Weight: 172g
- Network: LTE / 3G / 2G
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b, g, n / Bluetooth 4.2 / NFC / USB Type-C 2.0 (3.0 compatible)
- Q Stylus+: Aurora Black / Moroccan Blue / Lavender Violet
- Q Stylus: Aurora Black / Moroccan Blue
- Q Stylusα: Moroccan Blue
- Other: Stylus Pen / QLens / DTS:X 3D Surround Sound / IP68 Water and Dust Resistance / Google Assistant / Fingerprint Scanner / Smart Rear Key / Fast Charging / MIL-STD 810G Compliant / FM Radio