Universal Music Group (UMG), the world's largest music company, today announced its first Super Audio CD (SACD) titles to be released in the United States. Starting with the first releases October 29, 2002, UMG plans an ongoing program to make a combination of best-selling artists and core catalog titles available on SACD in major regions worldwide. A substantial number of these releases will incorporate SACD's multi-channel surround sound.
The initial UMG titles slated for release on Super Audio CD include:
- Diana Krall - Look of Love
- Andrea Bocelli - Ciele Di Toscana
- Fischer / Budapest Festival Orchestra - Dvorak
- Karajan / Berlin Philharmonic - Beethoven 9th
- Natalie Cole - Ask a Woman
- E.T. The 20th Anniversary Soundtrack
- A Beautiful Mind Soundtrack
- Muddy Waters - Folksinger
- Stan Getz & Joao Gilberto - Getz & Gilberto
- Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong - Ella and Louis
And, in November, Universal Music Group plans to release the additional SACDs:
- Ryan Adams - Gold
- Bon Jovi - Bounce
- Diana Krall - When I Look in Your Eyes
- Al Jarreau - All I Got
- Quincy Jones - Ultimate Collection
- John Coltrane - A Love Supreme
- Anne-Sophie Mutter - Beethoven: The Complete Sonatas
- Steve Earle - Guitar Town
"By making our music available on SACD, UMG continues to bring consumers more choice in how they enjoy music, now in a high-quality, multi-channel format," Larry Kenswil, President, eLabs, Universal Music Group. "With its many benefits for consumers and recording artists, Super Audio CD has the potential to become a standard for the industry."
Other artists to release SACDs in the future include: Peter Gabriel, The Wallflowers, Steely Dan, Three Doors Down, The Police, Marvin Gaye, Shaggy, The Roots, and The Who.