Roxio released more information about the upcoming WinOnCD v6.0. Users can buy the new software from the on-line site at the price of 99Euros...
Q: What versions of WinOnCD 6 are available?
A: There are several versions of WinOnCD 6, depending on your needs:
* WinOnCD 6 Standard Edition - This is the version that comes bundled with some CD and DVD recordable drives. This has standard CD and DVD recording features with some advanced options.
* WinOnCD 6 DVD Edition - The new DVD Edition includes a full featured CD/DVD recording software suite, with the addition of advanced DVD Video authoring and MPEG-2 encoding.
* WinOnCD 6 Volume License Version - WinOnCD Power Edition is now available for volume licensing to businesses, schools and government institutions, including options for installing on a network.
* Make DVD Videos and Photo Slideshows
New! - Build video discs with animated menus and buttons.
New! - Fast, high quality MPEG-1/MPEG-2 encoding.
New! - Even if your video file is too big to fit, Video OverSpan™ automatically spans it across multiple Video CDs or S-VCDs.
* Store Valuable Data Safely
New! - The improved Data OverSpan™ copies large files and file sets across multiple discs; Multisession OverSpan even allows you to add files incrementally beyond a single disc.
New! - Encryption of files on CD or DVD.
* Music the Way You Want It
New! - WinOnCD includes a built-in web browser, so you can drag and drop music, images and files directly from the Internet.
New! - Multi-Layer Sound Editor now supports up to 8 tracks of audio, and includes sound loops so you can make your own music.
* Other Features
New! - The WinOnCD user interface has been completely re-designed and simplified. Projects have been combined to make your workflow more efficient. Multiple undo/redo in some projects. The new interface is sleek, yet professional.
New! - The CD/DVD Emulator allows you save up to 23 CDs and DVDs as files on hard disk*, and read them as if they were physical discs in a CD or DVD drive, for previewing DVD-Video creations before burning a physical disc, or for business travellers trying to save battery life.