Plextor Europe, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of CD-ROM and CD-ReWritable drives, is proud to present its new, high-speed external CD-ReWritable drive with Hi-Speed USB interface and with a stylish, contemporary silver design. The PlexWriter 48/24/48U writes at 48x, rewrites at 24x and reads at 48x and is equipped with an Hi-Speed USB interface. With this system a complete CD can be written in less than 3 minutes.
The PlexWriter 48/24/48U offers the same top functions as the internal version:
• the fastest access time in the world: <65 ms
• 2-year warranty
• ultra-fast re-writable speed of 24x
• writing Audio CDs of high quality at 48x with CAV technology
• Prevents Buffer Under Run Errors by using BURN-Proof technology
• Simple firmware upgrade with FlashROM
• The improved version of Plextor’s own PoweRec technology will optimise the speed and produce the highest quality for writing
• Variable recording levels with VariRec software, which makes individualised sound reproduction possible
• Mount Rainier Compatible
• 5 ultra fast CD-R discs
• 1 CD-RW disc
• Optimised data buffer of 4 MB
• Extended support for CD-R and CD-R/W media
• Support for “Overburning” up to 94.55 minutes
• The use of a black tray limits the possibility of C1 errors, which improves the writing quality
• The optimised print plate (PCB) limits internal murmur, with less jitter and, therefore, overall quality improvement as a result
• Adapted “writing power”, depending on the temperature
• Qualified hotline support
• Comprehensive software package: Nero, InCD and Plextor’s own utility software PlexTools. PlexTools offers the user a broad complement of functions, such as, e.g., MP3 encoding/decoding.
• Selftest function: The PlexWriter 48/24/48U incorporates a new selftest function to detect whether or not the drive is defective
The maximum reading speed of the PlexWriter 48/24/48U is 48x, but the standard setting will be 40x (the same as for the internal version, launched 7th of August).
As it happens, when reading CDs at 48x, the lifetime of the drive is shortened. Also the noise level is much higher when reading at 48x than at 40x.
In addition, CDs with scratches or of poor quality can explode in the drive itself at this high reading speed (9,600 rpm at 48x). The PlexWriter 48/24/48U has been redesigned to strengthen the front bezel to prevent any such damage. The user who does want to read at 48x can do this by setting up the function SpeedRead with the software or hardware.
The PlexWriter 48/24/48U will be available from October 2002.
The Retail version comprises: PlexWriter 48/24/48U, 5 CD-R disks, 1 CD-R/W disk, 1 power adapter, USB cable, CD Recording software Nero + InCD, Plextor Utility software (PlexTools) and a manual in 16 languages
The recommended end user price (excl. VAT) is: 255 Euro.
This product is also covered by Plextor’s special “On-Site Collect & Return Service” which means that the consumer, dealer or distributor can return the product free of charge in the event of a defect.
The PlexWriter 48/24/48U not only delivers top performances, but also assures the user that CDs of top quality are written, supported by the best service and support.