Toshiba has announced the U.S. release of the new Symbio smart home solution, delivering the capabilities a wireless security camera, smart speaker, voice control with Amazon Alexa, an intercom, smart sound detector and an expandable smart home hub-all in a single elegant device.
By consolidating multiple smart home functions into one solution, Symbio eliminates the need to purchase and control multiple devices, allowing users to manage their smart home quickly with their voice or a simple touch.
All Symbio functionality is controlled through a single app, which works with iOS and Android smartphones. The Toshiba Smart Home App turns a smartphone into a remote control for all Toshiba Symbio connected smart home devices. With the app, users have full control over everything from lights and music to door locks and temperature settings, from any location-at home, at the office or out of town.
Symbio also functions as a smart home hub, which accommodates many connected devices powered by Z-Wave or ZigBee wireless technology, the wireless communications protocol used in hundreds of home automation devices. Users can easily expand and customize their home with additional smart devices over time.
Six smart home Symbio functions:
- Security Camera: 1080p Full HD, wide-angle, low-light camera keeps an eye on children, pets and the home environment. Provides sound- and motion-based alerts, and streams live HD video to a smartphone.
- Smart Sound Detector: Monitors for loud sounds, including legacy smoke detectors, and sends smartphone alerts.
- Smart Speaker: Integrated full-range speaker offers built-in access to Bluetooth or almost limitless streaming music from services like Amazon Music, Pandora and iHeart Radio. Features an exclusive ODMD (Onkyo Double Molding Diaphragm) high-excursion driver.
- Touch-free Voice Control with Amazon Alexa: With simple voice commands, Alexa can answer questions, play music, provide news updates and control lights, temperature and more.
- Smart Home Hub: Allows your Symbio to connect and control additional sensors and devices.
Intercom: Offers built-in microphones and speaker to enable two-way communication between Symbio and your smartphones.
Symbio is available for $249.99.