Sanyo Japan announced today "Drive-Open-Architecture" (DOA) function for Sanyo based recorders. Sanyo has developed a library that inquire several information from the drive and can be used in any CDR (or other) software.
Sanyo's "DOA" library offes:
- Access mode to media
- Current address of the drive
- Present speed
- Change of Read speed (at the time of CAV / CLV access both)
- Zone change address of Z-CLV
- Internal temperature of a drive (degree C) Acquisition
- ATA DMA transfer mode (Single-word DMA/Multi-word-DMA/Ultra-DMA)
Acquisition of the media information (Manufacturer information, LeadIn/Out address, etc.) installed in the drive
As it currently stands, Sanyo's library works only with the latest CRD-BP1700P (and OEM) drives. Sanyo has prepared an application (SpdChk.exe) that includes the above functions. It would be nice if software manufacturers could use Sanyo's open source library and offer new information for Sanyo based recorders.