Wednesday, September 02, 2015
Search
  
Submit your own News for
inclusion in our Site.
Click here...
Breaking News
This Is Google's Redesigned Logo
Instagram Gets New Features
Alliance for Open Media To Deliver Open Standard for Online Ultra High Definition Video
Seagate Develops High Density Mobile Hard Drive Technology, New Portfolio of 8TB Hard Drives
Apple To Work With Cisco On Enterprise Environment; said To Prepare Own Original Programming
Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 Processor To Geature Mobile Anti-malware Technology
WD My Cloud OS 3 Makes Cloud Storage More Personal
Samsung's Circular Gear S2 Smartwatches Unveiled
Active Discussions
How to back up a PS2 DL game
Copy a protected DVD?
roxio issues with xp pro
How to burn a backup copy of The Frozen Throne
Help make DVDInfoPro better with dvdinfomantis!!!
Copied dvd's say blank in computer only
menu making
Optiarc AD-7260S review
 Home > News > Optical Storage > CD-R pr...
Last 7 Days News : SU MO TU WE TH FR SA All News

Saturday, March 16, 2002
CD-R producers predict a booming Second Quarter


Five major local recordable compact disc (CD-Rs) makers expect the products' prospects to boom further in the second quarter, as both production volume and prices have continued to grow since February. Storage-media leading producer CMC Magnetics Corp. projects it will reach full capacity in March on increasing demand, and market analysts predict its revenue will probably post NT$22 billion this year, a nearly 20 percent increase year-on-year.

Production lines of Ritek Corp., arch-rival of CMC Magnetics, are projected to return to normal after fewer working days than normal in February as demand was weak and its March revenue is expected to climb up to the level of January, NT$1.67 billion. Three other smaller scale CD-R producers all said their production volume will increase in March thanks to the improving prospects.

CMC Magnetics chairman Weng Ming-hsing pointed out that his company's overseas factories have been running at full capacity with orders for CD-Rs since late February. The company's capacity utilization of local plants is also running at 90 percent to 100 percent, compared to 50 percent to 60 percent before the Lunar New Year. Weng expects the company to register NT$30 billion in revenue this year, with its overseas operations and domestic operations contributing NT$20 billion and NT$10 billion, respectively. (NT$34.90 = US$1)

Besides seeing increasing production volume, CMC Magnetics has also upgraded its production lines to more advanced and speedy products. It plans to turn over its production lines entirely to the output of 40-speed CD-Rs in April. At present, only 30 percent of its capacity is being used on 40-speed CD-Rs, with 32-speed CD-Rs accounting for the remaining 70 percent. In addition, the company plans to produce more recordable DVDs (DVD-R), rewriteable DVDs (DVD-RW), and random access memory DVDs (DVD-RAM) in the near future.


Previous
Next
Calimetrics’ Technology Implemented in New Chip From Sanyo        All News        Calimetrics’ Technology Implemented in New Chip From Sanyo
Calimetrics’ Technology Implemented in New Chip From Sanyo     Optical Storage News      Calimetrics’ Technology Implemented in New Chip From Sanyo

Get RSS feed Easy Print E-Mail this Message

Related News
Memory-Tech Promises Improved Audio CD Quality With New UHQCD Technology
Acer Launches Gaming Monitor Enabled by AMD FreeSync Technology
Microsoft Outlines Basic Elements Of Direct3D 12
CD-R And CD-RW Discs Represent $368 Million in 2013 - CD writers and CD Combo Disappearing
New SDXC And SDHC Memory Cards Support 4K2K Video
LCD TV Panel Shipments Dip in Q3 For The First Time
CDSA Releases Updated Version of its Content Protection Security Standard
Sharp Launches The LL-S201A 20-inch Multi-Touch Monitor
Strong Shipments Reported For High-Resolution Tablet Panels in 2013
LCD TV Panel Inventory Rises, Spurring Price Drops
Sharp AQUOS DR TVs Pack 500GB HDDs, Blu-ray Drives
Sharp To Launch Redesigned AQUOS Quattron G9 LCD TVs

Most Popular News
 
Home | News | All News | Reviews | Articles | Guides | Download | Expert Area | Forum | Site Info
Site best viewed at 1024x768+ - CDRINFO.COM 1998-2015 - All rights reserved -
Privacy policy - Contact Us .