NEC has introduced its new high speed CD-R(W) drive, capable of writing to CD-R on 40x max. same as writing or rewriting CD-RW discs at 10x speed reading CD-ROM media at 40x max. speed with a access time of 98 ms. The NR-9100 offers fast and highly reliable writer and rewritable technology without compromising read performance.
By using JustLinkTM the NR-9100 is equipped with the most enhanced burn proof technology which prevents buffer under run errors.
In addition the NR-9100 takes advance of NEC's "high resolution writing strategy" and NEC's "active optimum power control" (Active OPC). The "high resolution writing strategy", using advanced laser modulation to enhance the accuracy of the written data. Active OPC dynamically monitoring writing power and reflection of the media in use, calculating the optimum laser power and adjusting it in real-time.
- Data transfer rate
2,550-6,000 Kbyte/s read,
1,500 Kbyte/s CD-RW write/rewrite,
2.550-6.000 Kbyte/s CD-R write
- Access time: 98 ms
- Memory: 2 MBytes
- Interface: ATAPI Ultra DMA 33 mode 2
- Audio connections: Headphone, volume control, analog- and digital output
- Media supported: CD-ROM, CD-R and CD-RW with 80mm and 120mm diameter
- Modes supported: CD-DA, CD Extra, CD Text, CD-ROM, CD-ROM XA, CD-I, CD-I Ready, CD-Bridge, Photo-CD, Video CD
- Writing methods: DAO (disc at once), SAO (session at once), TAO (track at once) with zero gap, variable or fixed packet, multisession
- Special features: Vertical operation possible, Anti-dust seal, PC 2001 Certification, MultiRead compliant, Mt Rainier support implemented
- Availability: May 2002