AOpen will introduce at early February a new 32x recorder with the codename "CRW3248". This new CD-RW supports up to 32x writing, 12x re-writing and 48x reading: "...The CRW3248 is an internal type, half height 5.25” form factor with IDE interface CD-RW drive which can do much more than read and write the usual CD-R discs. When loading it with a CD-RW disc, you can record, read, and edit any kind of data, these discs allow you to rewrite information that has already been recorded..."
* E-IDE interface meets requirements of ATA/ATAPI5 and MMC2.
* Compliant with Orange Book Part II (CD-R) and Part III, Volume 2 V1.1 (CD-RW)
* Reading Speeds: 48x, 40x, 32x, 20x (CAV), 12x, 10x, 8x, 6x, 4x, 2x(CLV)
* Writing Speeds: 32x, 28x, 24x, 20x, 16x (Z-CLV), 12x, 8x, 4x(CLV)
* Re-writing Speeds: 12x, 10x, 8x, 4x(CLV)
* Writing Mode: Track at Once, Disc at Once, Multi-session, Packet Write, Session at Once, Mount Rainier
* JustLink anti-buffer underrun technology
* OPC technology boosts recording reliability
* 2 MB buffer memory
* Supports UDMA33