The Recordable DVD Council (RDVDC) announced today that 11 new companies have joined the organization, bringing the total membership to 83. New members will be introduced at the RDVDC's CES press conference Wednesday, January 9, at 11:30 a.m. in Room S221 of the Las Vegas Convention Center.
- Prodisc Technology Disc Manufacturer
- DAX Archiving Solutions DVD Libraries
- SCM Microsystems PC Peripheral Solutions
- Software Architects (SAI) Connectivity Software
- GEAR Software Video Production Software
- LaCie PC Peripheral Solutions
- MedioStream Video Production Software
- NewTech Infosystems (NTI) Recording & Backup Software
- Pinnacle Systems Video Production Software
- QPS PC Peripheral Solutions
- Gigmedia Publications Industry Trade Magazines
Founded in March 2001, the RDVDC supports all DVD Forum-approved recordable DVD formats - DVD-RAM, DVD-R and DVD-RW. RDVDC members are leading hardware, software and solution providers with recordable DVD products that span the complete range of consumer to business, and A/V to computer-based applications. Available products range from DVD drives and DVD camcorders to DVD recorders and DVD recordable media.
``It's gratifying to see the rapid growth of the RDVDC,'' said council chairman Bon-Guk Koo, senior corporate advisor and former executive vice president of Samsung Electronics. ``In the past nine months alone, our membership has increased to 80. This is a strong indication of the growing popularity of the DVD Forum-approved recordable DVD formats, their products and applications worldwide.''
The user-proven DVD technologies meet the storage needs of personal and professional audio/video production and limited volume content distribution. The established formats also meet user requirements for backup, data archiving, radio and television broadcast storage and distribution, education, healthcare and enterprise knowledge management.