"...NewTech Infosystems (NTI) has released CD-Maker 5.0 Professional Edition, the newest version of its award-winning CD-R/RW software that records data, audio and video. Concurrently, NTI released FileCD 2.0, the latest version of its high-performance packet-writing software. CD-Maker Professional 5.0 comes bundled with FileCD 2.0 and, together, they turn a desktop PC and a CD-R/RW drive into a high-capacity storage device -- and a virtual recording studio.
FileCD 2.0 offers reliable support for UDF (an emerging standard for optical media drives), as well as ISO formats. In either format, FileCD does not conflict with Windows file system drivers. FileCD 2.0 provides the option of recording files to CD-R/RW by using the Windows "Send To" function -- or by dragging-and-dropping from Windows Explorer or the FileCD window.
- CD-Maker 5.0 supports the "overburn" feature
- CD-Maker 5.0 supports Super Video CD (SVCD)
- CD-Maker 5.0 has an advanced cache buffering algorithm that minimizes data buffer under-run errors
- CD-Maker 5.0 allows recording "Live Audio" directly to a hard drive in WAV format.
- CD-Maker 5.0 supports playlists (M3U files)
- CD-Maker 5.0 integrates an enhanced version of JewelCase Maker, which now takes CD layout information including CD Text, as input in the design of CD jewel cases and labels.
NTI CD-Maker 5.0 Professional Edition is available in retail stores at an MSRP of $69.99. Electronic software download versions are available for $49.99. A free trial version is available for download at http://www.ntius.com...