"...Pioneer Corporation announced the introduction in Japan in late July of its 3rd generation DVD Recorder, which will also be introduced overseas markets within this fiscal year.
The model DVR-7000 is based on the DVD-R/RW format and its retail price is suggested at 198,000 Yen ($1625 USD). Also the company announced the release in late June of CPRM supporting DVD-RW blank discs "DVS-RW47B" with suggested retail price open. Pioneer has said it will produce 10,000 units of DVR-7000 DVD Recorders and 50,000 DVS-RW47B discs monthly, respectively.
1) Equipped with the ultimate functions of enjoying high-quality picture and sound, such as Progressive Scan playback, Linear PCM recording
2) Easy digital dubbing possible with DV terminal (i.LINK)
3) Silver-colored body with simple, stylish design
4) Ability to select the favorite recording mode and disc according to usage:
- "VR Mode" to enjoy the variegated functions such as easy video editing. "VR Mode" is the image recording function corresponding to the DVD-RW (Ver. 1.0 & 1.1) disc for recording in the "Video Recording Format". This format applies the MPEG compression technology, realizing high resolution recording on real-time and also has a variety of editing functions. Its recording time is two hours on the standard mode (SP), and on manual mode (MN) the length can be selected anywhere from one to six hours at any 32 settings according to the recording quality and time. It makes it possible to use the disc's recording capacity efficiently and record with optimum picture quality. DVD-RW discs recorded in the "VR Mode" can be played back on Pioneer and other companies' DVD-RW-compatible players.
- "Video Mode" enabling playback on DVD players
When recording in "Video Mode", DVD-R and DVD-RW discs can be played on DVD players and DVD-ROM drives. The recording time is one hour with V1 mode and two hours, with V2 mode.
5) Copyright protection technology
In addition to Macrovision signal detection and CGMS signal judgment, the DVR-7000 has been made to prevent recording against the will of the copyright owner by corresponding to CPRM. Moreover, the playback of a disc that has been reproduced without consent is not possible due to the Media ID Detection function. Furthermore, a protection technology which prevents the reproduction of video contents protected by CSS is provided in the blank discs of the DVD-R/RW..."