Friday, December 09, 2016
Search
  
Submit your own News for
inclusion in our Site.
Click here...
Breaking News
Samsung To Brick Remaining Note7 Device Through Software Update
Samsung SDI to Supply Batteries To Lucid Motors
Samsung To Design And Make Chips For Tesla Cars
Google Opens its Digital Assistant to Developers
BlackBerry Unveils BlackBerry Secure For IoT Mobile Security
ARM Physical IP for TSMC 7nm Process Technology Now Available
HTC Launches Vive Studios, Debuts "Arcade Saga" Title
Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition Brings Support For Chill, Along With New Features
Active Discussions
Which of these DVD media are the best, most durable?
How to back up a PS2 DL game
Copy a protected DVD?
roxio issues with xp pro
Help make DVDInfoPro better with dvdinfomantis!!!
menu making
Optiarc AD-7260S review
cdrw trouble
 Home > News > Optical Storage > CD burn...
Last 7 Days News : SU MO TU WE TH FR SA All News

Wednesday, May 09, 2001
CD burning company Roxio to step out on its own


"...Roxio will be spun off from data storage firm Adaptec next week and hopes to become as well known to music fans as Elvis, or even Napster. The little-known company is a leading provider of digital media software to personal computer giants like Dell, Hewlett-Packard and Gateway. Roxio's CD-burning software, Easy CD Creator for Windows and Toast for Macintosh computers, is the best-selling software of its kind. It was bundled with about 24 million CD recorders in 2000 alone, accounting for about 70 percent of the entire CD recorder market that year.

Roxio is now hoping to go mainstream with a huge magazine promotion in coming weeks, according to Chris Gorog, chief executive officer of Milpitas, Calif.-based Roxio. Roxio will be spun off to Adaptec shareholders on May 11 and begins trading on the Nasdaq stock market starting May 14, under the ticker symbol ROXI. Gorog said Roxio's sales rose to nearly $120 million for fiscal 2001, which ended March 31, from $13.3 million in fiscal 1996. In fiscal 2001 it had a pro forma, pretax margin of over 20 percent.

About 60 percent of Roxio's business comes from its partnerships with major PC makers with the remaining 40 percent derived from retail sales. He said a slowdown in PC sales will not severely hurt the company due to increasing recordable CD drive adoption. Nevertheless, analysts said Roxio needs to expand into video applications to sustain its growth. Gorog said Roxio was poised to expand in the video recording market: "..In the next four to six weeks, we'll be making a big announcement on Roxio's entry into DVD recording.."..."



Previous
Next
CD-R media prices rise this summer        All News        CD-R media prices rise this summer
CD-R media prices rise this summer     Optical Storage News      CD-R media prices rise this summer

Source Link Get RSS feed Easy Print E-Mail this Message

Related News
Roxio Creator NXT 5 Supports Disc Burning With Multi-Camera Video Editing
Roxio Toast 15 Digital Media Toolkit Adds New Video Editing Tools and Privacy Protection
New Roxio Secure Burn Enterprise Protects Information on Portable Media
Roxio Secure Burn Enables Secure Data Recordings On Portable Media
Roxio Creator NXT 4 Lets You Create, Share and Burn Photo and Video Projects
Roxio Toast 14 Offer Easy Photo, Video and Music Sharing for Social Media and New Devices
Roxio Secure Burn Enterprise Released
New Roxio Creator NXT 3 Delivers Fast Movie-Making
New Roxio Toast 12 Delivers Digital Media Power for Mac
Roxio Creator NXT 2 Now Available
Roxio MediaBook for Windows 8 Released
Capture You GamePlay in HD With New New Roxio Game Capture HD PRO

Most Popular News
 
Home | News | All News | Reviews | Articles | Guides | Download | Expert Area | Forum | Site Info
Site best viewed at 1024x768+ - CDRINFO.COM 1998-2016 - All rights reserved -
Privacy policy - Contact Us .