Razer announced the new Razer Blade Pro laptop, the first laptop to be qualified for THX Mobile Certification, which covers the display and audio output of Razer's flagship computer.
Through the processes of THX, the Razer Blade Pro screen is calibrated and tested for resolution, color accuracy and video playback performance.
Similarly, the audio jack on the new Razer Blade Pro met THX requirements for voltage output, frequency response, distortion, signal-to-noise ratio, and crosstalk that guarantees clear sound through headphones.
The new Razer Blade Pro features an overclocked 7th generation Intel Core i7 quad core processor. Razer Synapse software allows users to choose when to run the system in overclock mode. The new Razer Blade Pro also uses faster 32 GB DDR4 system memory than its predecessor: 2667MHz vs. 2133MHz previously.
For extreme graphics and virtual reality programs, the Razer Blade Pro is the thinnest laptop with the latest NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU.
The THX Certified Razer Blade Pro features a 17.3-inch 4K IGZO monitor equipped with NVIDIA G-SYNC technology for the smoothest possible framerates during gaming and video playback. The display offers 100 percent Adobe RGB color accuracy. Other highlights include storage of up to 2 TB of PCIe M.2 SSD in RAID 0 configuration, a built-in SD card reader, connectivity options through three USB 3.0 ports, and a Thunderbolt 3 port.
The Razer Blade Pro is equipped with Ultra-Low-Profile Mechanical switches with true actuation and reset points. Presses are registered with 65 grams of force, mimicking the feel of full-size mechanical keyboards. The keyboard and trackpad are Powered by Razer Chroma. This tri-color LED technology affords lighting effects that can be customized and synced with in-game events.
In terms of size, the new Blade Pro has a CNC aluminum chassis that is 0.88 inches thin and eight pounds.
The new Razer Blade Pro is available now in the USA and Europe. Prices are starting from $3,999.99.
- THX Certified Mobile Device
- Intel Core i7-7820HK Quad-Core Processor (2.9 GHz / 3.9 GHz)
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (8GB GDDR5X VRAM)
- 17.3-in. IGZO UHD G-SYNC, 16:9 ratio, 3840 x 2160, with LED backlight, with capacitive multi-touch
- Windows 10 64-bit
- 512 GB SSD RAID 0 (2x 256 GB PCIe M.2) / 1 TB SSD RAID 0 (2x 512 GB PCIe M.2) / 2 TB SSD RAID 0 (2x 1 TB PCIe M.2) options
- Channel System Memory (DDR4, 2667 MHz)
- Anti-ghosting individually backlit ultra-low-profile mechanical keyboard powered by Razer Chroma
- Killer DoubleShot Pro:
- Killer Wireless-AC 1535 (IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac + Bluetooth 4.1)
- Killer E2500 (Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000)
- Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C)
- USB 3.0 port x3 (SuperSpeed)
- HDMI 2.0 video and audio output
- SDXC card reader
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Dolby Digital Plus Home Theater Edition
- 7.1 Codec support (via HDMI)
- 3.5 mm headphone/microphone combo audio port
- Built-in webcam (2.0 MP)
- Array microphone
- Razer Synapse enabled with programmable keyboard, trackpad, backlighting, and fan control
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM 2.0) security chip embedded
- Kensington security slot
- Compact 250 W power adapter
- Built-in 99 Wh rechargeable lithium-ion polymer battery
- Approx. Size: 0.88 in. / 22.5 mm (Height) x 16.7 in. / 424 mm (Width) x 11 in. / 281 mm (Depth)
- Approx. Weight: 7.69 lbs. / 3.49 kg