"....MediaFORM today announced the release of 16X drive speed for its entire line of CD-R duplication and production systems, slated to hit the market February 1, 2001. In addition to increased throughput, MediaFORM's new 16X SmartDRIVE maximizes a company's CD-R duplication investment with proprietary BURN-Proof technology. SmartDRIVE's exclusive anti-piracy features protect both data and audio intellectual property, while providing the highest quality duplication. Features include: Copy Protection, Electronic Watermarking, SmartSTAMP, SmartGUARDMEDIA, SmartRID, Frame Accurate Recording and Business Card/Card Disc compatibility:
- Copy Protection - Protects content developers from pirating and revenue loss through casual illegal copying of intellectual property.
- Electronic Watermarking - Produces an effective ``fingerprint''-- including date, time and the specific drive burning the CD - onto every CD produced by SmartDRIVE-equipped products. SmartDRIVE's Electronic Watermarking feature complies with all industry standards including Red Book, Orange Book and Yellow Book.
- SmartSTAMP - Similar to Electronic Watermarking, but only useable on data- oriented CDs, SmartSTAMP offers optional activation so the user can turn it on or off in various production scenarios.
- SmartGUARDMEDIA - Regulates internal production, assists in the prevention of piracy and offers an effective method of monitoring cost-per-copy for outsourcing facilities. Users can designate the use of specific proprietary media in duplication.
- SmartRID - Ensures compliance and compatibility with audio industry standards and regulatory requirements. Optional activation allows provision of both Red Book and Orange Book compliance.
- Frame Accurate Recording - Raises the production quality level to that of CD-R replication, assuring an exact copy of each master and virtually eliminating the possibility of drop-out, click or inaccurate duplication. It also offers the ability to verify all formats including CDDA, CDE, CDI, as well as standard data discs.
- Business Card/Card Disc CD-R Compatibility - Effectively handles smaller CD formats. Unlike the 30% to 40% fall-out experienced with standard drives, SmartDRIVE offers high quality, minimal fall-out performance on all reputable CD-R brands..."