"...Pioneer today announced its introduction of the company's 2nd generation DVD Recorder, the "DVR-2000", to the Japanese domestic market. The DVR-2000 is the world's first DVD recorder that enables playback of both recorded DVD-R discs (for General Ver. 2.0; write once) and DVD-RW discs (Ver. 1.1; re-recordable approx. 1000 times) on many existing DVD players and DVD-ROM drives.
The DVR-2000 provides the world's first "Video Mode" recording feature compliant with DVD forum standards, in addition to "Standard Mode" and "Manual Mode" recording that offers a wide range of functions including easy editing (for RW discs only). DVD-R discs (For General version 2.0) and DVD-RW discs (version 1.1) recorded in "Video Mode" can be played back on many existing DVD players and DVD-ROM drives installed in personal computers. The DVR-2000 is also equipped with a DV in/out terminal (i.Link) for easy DV camcorder recording on a DVD-R or DVD-RW disc, to meet user demands. The "DVS-R47" DVD-R disc for Video Mode recording, and "DVS-RW47A" DVD-RW disc enabling recording by Video Mode and Standard/Manual Mode will be released soon after the DVR-2000.
Main features of DVR-2000 DVD Recorder
- Three recording modes to suit the application or disc type
- "Video Mode", a new recording mode that allows playback on many existing DVD players
- Write-once recording on DVD-R discs
- DV terminal (i.Link) for digital editing from a DV system camcorder
- Copyright Protection Technology: The DVR-2000 is equipped with copyright protection technology currently used to protect the copyrights of video authors-CGMS signal judgment and Macrovision signal detection-and therefore cannot make recordings that violate the rights of copyright holders. Furthermore, blank DVD-R and DVD-RW discs also contain protection technology that prevents the copying of discs protected by CSS (Content Scrambling System).
- Innovative Technologies for High-Quality Picture and Sound Recording.."