Acer announced a new lineup of PCs focused on performance and entertainment. These new devices feature 4K screens, optional Tobii eye tracking and facial recognition cameras.
The new devices Acer announced today include three new Aspire Series devices, comprised of two high performance laptops the Aspire V Nitro Black Edition and the Aspire VX 15, and one desktop the Aspire GX, as well as the curved-screen notebook, the Predator 21 X gaming laptop, shipping early this year.
Both the Aspire V Nitro Black Edition and the Aspire VX come with up to a 7th Generation Intel Core i7-7700HQ processor. The chipset is the perfect match for the notebooks? equally impressive GPUs, the latest NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 or 1050 graphics.
Under the aluminum cover, Acer combined 7th Generation Intel Core processors to drive performance and the latest NVIDIA technologies, starting with up to a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 graphics card with 6GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM and up to 16GB of DDR4 system memory, upgradable to 32GB using two soDIMM modules. A built-in finger print reader also comes with the Aspire V Nitro Black Edition that enables Windows Hello for a more secure, password free sign in. It also comes with a NVMe PCIe Gen 3 or SATA SSD and a HDD of up to 2TB capacity for additional storage.
The Aspire V 17 Nitro Black Edition is available with an optional Tobii eye-tracking module that makes the device more responsive through the use of eye movements. Combined with the Precision Touchpad, it enhances productivity, allowing you to more quickly navigate across apps and programs with a simple glance. Gaming is also enhanced with eye tracking, allowing you to aim, shoot and explore freely using your eyes.
The Aspire VX 15 features large cooling vents and an edgy red chassis. The iron red backlit keyboard makes sure gamers are always striking the right notes during gameplay.
The 5.5lbs (2.5kg) Aspire VX 15 also comes with up to a 7th Generation Intel Core i7-7700HQ processor, offering improvements in performance over preceding generation processors, all the while providing lower battery consumption. The notebook also comes with up to NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics with GDDR5 VRAM (delivering up to 32GB/s bandwidth). Speed is also a notable attribute of the memory system, offering up to 16GB DDR4 memory out of the box and can be user-upgradeable to a maximum of 32GB. Storage is provided by a 512GB SSD and 1TB HDD.
The Acer Aspire V 15 Nitro Black Edition will be available in North America in February starting at $1,199.
The Acer Aspire V 17 Nitro Black Edition will be available in North America in February starting at $1,399.
The Acer Aspire VX 15 will be available in North America in January starting at $799.
The Aspire GX desktop PC Series
For those seeking out additional capabilities that only a desktop model can offer, Acer created the Aspire GX series desktop PC. These VR-ready PCs come equipped with up to 7th Generation Intel Core processors, up to 64GB of DDR4 RAM and up to NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 graphics. What?s more, they?re capable of delivering 4K resolution visuals and support up to four displays at once.
The Aspire GX series will be available in EMEA in February with prices starting at EUR799.
The Predator 21 X gaming laptop
The curved-screen Predator 21 X gaming laptop features Windows 10 and was designed for ultimate gaming enthusiasts.
The Predator 21 X features the latest 7th Generation Intel Core i7-7820HK processor, 5 cooling fans and dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPUs in SLI. It offers a curved 21-inch IPS display and cen be combined with the Tobii eye-tracking technology. The curved screen also features NVIDIA G-SYNC technology.
The Predator 21 X?s Tobii eye-tracking camera works with Windows Hello, supporting secure and password-free sign-in by recognizing your face.
Other features include:
- Full-sized mechanical keyboard featuring Cherry MX Brown switches, with individually programmable backlit keys, offering 16.7 million color options. A numeric keypad allows it to be flipped over and turned into a Precision Touchpad.
- A new 3-way (tweeter, midrange, woofer) audio design which produces Hi-Fi quality sound and is powered by 4 speakers (2 tweeters, 2 midrange) and 2 subwoofers
- Making each Predator 21 X unique, Acer lets customers add a design, flag and laser engraved name to the notebook?s maintenance panel
- Thunderbolt 3 brings Thunderbolt to USB-C at speeds up to 40 Gbps.
- Advanced cooling architecture of 5 system fans, 9 heat pipes and Acer Dust Defender
The Predator 21 X will be available in North America in February with prices starting at $8,999.
Predator 17 X gets an upgrade with higher performing CPU and GPU
The Acer Predator 17 X gaming notebook also received both a CPU and GPU upgrade, and will now include models with a 7th Gen Intel Core i7-7820HK processor and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU with 8G GDDR5X video memory. Featuring overclocking, desktop grade components, a custom triple-fan cooling system with front air intake and a server-class vapor chamber, it is ideal for the most demanding games and running virtual reality (VR) devices.
Its overclocking lets gamers experience turbo speeds of up to 4.3GHz for the CPU; up to 1732MHz for the GPU; and up to 5.4GHz for VRAM. Game play is delivered with smooth visuals via the notebook?s 17.3-inch G-SYNC Full HD IPS (1920 x 1080) or UHD IPS (4K 3840 x 2160) display. It features a Precision Touchpad supporting Windows 10 gestures and also Skype for Business.
The refreshed Predator 17 X will be available in the North America in January with prices starting at $2,599.
Rugged Chromebook 11 N7 (C731) laptop for education
Acer also announced an affordable Chromebook model aimed at schools.
The Chromebook 11 N7 (C731) can handle up to 132 pounds (60kg) of downward force on the top cover, while the reinforced case and hinges result in greater resistance to twisting and stress, even if students cram them into their backpacks. In addition, the corner-shield structure and rubber bumper keyboard surround further protect the Chromebook, so it can tolerate drops from heights up to 48 inches (122cm).
In adition, the Chromebook 11 N7 (C731) has a spill-resistant keyboard that provides protection against spills of up to 11 fluid ounces (330ml) of water. The gutter system under the keyboard and touchpad drains water so that it?s routed away from internal components and out the bottom of the chassis. A new feature to the Chromebook 11 N7 (C731) is the keyboard design with recessed keys that prevent the key caps from being easily removed by students.
- Operating System: Chrome OS
- CPU: Intel Celeron dual-core processor N3060 (2MB L2 cache, 1.60 GHz, up to 2.48 GHz with Intel Burst Technology, DDR3L 1600MHz, 6W)
- Memory: 4GB of Dual-channel LPDDR3 SDRAM support
- C731: 11.6-inch HD 1366x768 resolution, high-brightness Acer ComfyView LED-backlit TFT LCD ultra slim design
- C731T: 11.6-inch Touchscreen display with IPS technology 1366x768 resolution, high-brightness Acer CineCrystalTM LED-backlit TFT LCD with wide viewing angles
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics
- Storage: 16GB eMMC or 32GB eMMC
- Audio: High-definition audio support, two built-in stereo speakers, built-in microphone
- HD webcam: HD webcam with 1280x720 resolution 720pm HD audio/video recording
- Wireless and networking: Intel Dual Band Wireless AC, 802.11ac/a/b/g/n wireless LAN, Operates at 2.4 and 5GHz, 2x2 MIMO technology Bluetooth 4.0
- Input and Output:
- Two USB 3.0 ports
- SD card reader, HDMI port, 3.5mm headphone/speaker jack, DC-in jack for AC adapter
- Battery: 4090 mAh 11.1 V 3-cell Li-Ion battery Battery life up to 12 hours
The Chromebooks will be available in North America this month with a starting price of $229. That gets you 4GB RAM, 16GB storage, and a non-touch display.