Futuremark released the full version of VRMark, a new VR benchmark that offers detailed results reporting, hardware monitoring charts, and a free-roaming Experience mode to enjoy with a VR headset or on your monitor.
The performance requirements for VR games are much higher than for typical PC games. So if you're thinking about buying an HTC Vive or an Oculus Rift this holiday, wouldn't it be good to know that your PC is ready for VR?
VRMark includes two VR benchmark tests that run on your monitor, no headset required. At the end of each test, you'll see whether your PC is VR-ready, and if not, how far it falls short.
The VRMark Orange Room benchmark shows the impressive level of detail that can be achieved on a PC that meets the recommended hardware requirements for the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift. If your PC passes this test, it's ready for the two most popular VR systems available today.
The VRMark Blue Room benchmark is a more demanding test with a greater level of detail that requires more powerful hardware. Blue Room shows the amount of detail that may be common in future VR games. A PC that passes this test is ready to run the latest VR games on the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift at the highest settings.
VR headsets use clever techniques to compensate for missed frames. With Experience mode, you can judge the quality of the VR experience with your own eyes. VRMark Experience mode features free movement, spatial audio, and an interactive flashlight for lighting up the details of the scene.
VRMark Advanced Edition - $19.99
- Unlock the Blue Room benchmark for high-performance PCs.
- See detailed results and hardware monitoring charts.
- Explore both rooms in Experience mode.
- Make tests more or less demanding with custom settings.
VRMark Basic Edition - free download
- See if your PC meets the performance requirements for HTC Vive and Oculus Rift.
- Test your system's VR readiness with the Orange Room benchmark.
- Explore the Orange Room in Experience mode.