"...Symantec today announced Norton Ghost 2001, a fast and flexible utility designed for PC and small business users in need of high performance solutions for system upgrading, backup, and recovery. Based on the industry-leading Symantec Ghost Enterprise product, Norton Ghost 2001 offers users a reliable solution for safeguarding data and saving time.
- Cloning capabilities for an entire hard drive or specified partitions. Norton Ghost 2001 automatically determines the partition sizes for the destination drive.
- Back-up feature for hard disk drives with the capability to write disk images directly to many popular CDR/RW drives, as well as a variety of the most popular removable magnetic media, including ZIP, JAZ, SuperDisk, and more.
- Recovery of individual files and directories.
- Manipulation of disk images using the Ghost Explorer utility, which now features enhanced image management, supports the addition of files, and includes the ability to recompile images.
- Direct cloning between two PCs via high-speed parallel ports, USB cables, or local IP connections on home networks.
Pricing and Availability
Norton Ghost 2001 is available now at retail stores, through the Symantec web site http://www.symantec.com, and via online retailers. Norton Ghost 2001 is priced at U.S. $69.95. A U.S. $20 rebate is available for upgrades..."