Kingston today announced the availability of its new UV400 budget SSD for mainstream users.
UV400 is powered by a four-channel Marvell 88SS1074 controller for speeds of up to 550MB/s read and 500MB/s write.
The TLC NAND SSD is available as a stand-alone drive or as a bundle kit with all the accessories needed (2.5" USB enclosure for notebooks and 3.5" adapter for desktop, SATA cable and Acronis data migration software download coupon). UV400 comes in 120GB, 240GB, 480GB and 960GB (shipping soon).
UV400 is backed by a limited three-year warranty .
Features and Specifications:
- Form factor: 2.5"
- Interface: SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s) – with backwards compatibility to SATA Rev. 2.0 (3Gb/s)
- Capacities: 120GB ($40), 240GB ($60), 480GB ($120), 960GB
- Controller: Marvell 88SS1074
- NAND: TLC
- Baseline Performance:
- Data Transfer (ATTO)
- 120GB - up to 550MB/s Read and 350MB/s Write
- 240GB - up to 550MB/s Read and 490MB/s Write
- 480GB - up to 550MB/s Read and 500MB/s Write
- 960GB - up to 540MB/s Read and 500MB/s Write
- Maximum Random 4k Read/Write (IOMETER)
- 120GB - up to 90,000 IOPS and 15,000 IOPS
- 240GB - up to 90,000 IOPS and 25,000 IOPS
- 480GB - up to 90,000 IOPS and 35,000 IOPS
- Power Consumption: 0.672W Idle / 0.693W Avg / 0.59W (MAX) Read / 2.515W (MAX) Write
- Storage temperature: -40°C~85°C
- Operating temperature: 0°C~70°C
- Dimensions: 100.0mm x 69.9mm x 7.0mm
- Weight: 57 g
- Vibration operating: 2.17G Peak (7-800Hz)
- Vibration non-operating: 20G Peak (10-2000Hz)
- Life expectancy: 1 million hours MTBF
- Warranty/support: Limited 3-year warranty with free technical support
- Total Bytes Written (TBW)
- 120GB: 50TB
- 240GB: 100TB
- 480GB: 200TB
- 960GB: 400TB