Here is more info about Teac tweak which enabled MMC DAO RAW to Teac 56s & 58s CDR-W drives:
- The jumper is ADDED in position 6, all other jumpers remains in their respective positions
- Once the unit tweaked, it is downgraded to a TEAC 55S (and will appear as a TEAC 55S). Just Remove the additionnal jumper to recover your unit.
- NERO is not able to reach the highest speed with a tweaked unit (*4 burning maxi), but CDRWIN can (set the speed to MAX)
- We think it's highly dangerous to try a bios update with a tweaked unit - It you still decide to try this operation, you might kill your writer : YOU ARE WARNED !
- Some hang problem WHEN WRITING has been reported to occur - Especially when writing AUDIO. We haven't suffered such problems during our tests, but we had several reports about such problems.
- The tweak is usefull ONLY for writing protected CD's. For normal cd's, it's better to remove the tweak.