Sony has today introduced the newest addition to their compact zoom camera lineup, the DSC-HX80 model.
The new camera features a 30x optical zoom, a high-resolution 18.2 MP2 Exmor R CMOS Sensor and a retractable OLED Tru-Finder in a compact body. Along with the DSC-HX90V model, the HX80 camera becomes the only compact high-zoom camera with a retractable electronic viewfinder.
The HX80 also features a high-resolution, 921k dot LCD screen that tilts a full 180 degrees and is Wi-Fi / NFC compatible.
Key features for the new model are included below:
- Premium 30x ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T optical zoom lens with 60x "Clear Image" digital zoom capability
- Built-in pop-up OLED Tru-Finder EVF
- 18.2 MP Exmor R CMOS sensor and BIONZ X processor
- Optical SteadyShot with 5-axis image stabilization
- 921k dot, 3.0 type LCD screen that tilts a full 180 degrees
- Full HD movie shooting capabilities including high-speed XAVC S format at 50 Mbps
- Built-in 'pop up' flash for low-light shooting support
- Compatible with Wi-Fi / NFC for seamless wireless transfer of content and with select Sony PlayMemories Camera apps
- Available in April for about $350