Dell today announced at CES 2016 a selection of Latitude commercial devices, the company's first OLED monitor and the first InfinityEdge monitors.
The entire Latitude 3000, 5000 and 7000 Series has been refreshed with thin designs, efficiency and powerful processing options. The company announced at CES the Latitude 13 7000 Series Ultrabook, Latitude 12 7000 Series 2-in-1, and Latitude 11 5000 Series 2-in-1.
The 13-inch Latitude 13 7000 business-class Ultrabook has been built using layers of unidirectional 40 ton carbon fiber. It features an InfinityEdge display and contains the industry-standard USB Type-C allowing one cable for docking, power, video, audio and data. It also includes Thunderbolt 3 for 8x faster data transfer than USB 3.0 allowing end users to power two 4K displays simultaneously. The laptop offers extended battery life and offers security features - including a smartcard reader, fingerprint reader, RFID reader, and security and encryption software.
The Dell Latitude 12 7000 Series 2-in-1 is one of the lightest 12.5-inch 2-in-1s available. The design is free of cumbersome latches, locks or alignment pins, and instead uses magnets; easily transitioning from various use modes.
The Latitude 12 offers two keyboard options. The Dell Latitude 12 Slim Keyboard is full-sized, with backlit chiclet keys, and offers a full range of viewing angles. In addition, the Dell Latitude 12 Premium Keyboard single-handedly connects to the tablet, and features backlit keys and mouse cursor control with a gesture touchpad. With a slim 8mm screen, hardened Corning Gorilla Glass NBT and magnesium unibody build, and the only business 2-in-1 with a 4K UltraSharp UHD touch display, the Latitude 12 is an impressive mobile device for demanding mobile professionals.
The Dell Latitude 11 5000 Series 2-in-1 is a thin 10.8-inch business-class 2-in-1 available with security and manageability features. Designed with magnesium and hardened glass, the Latitude 11 is starting at just 1.56 pounds and provides an easy transition between tablet and laptop modes with pen accuracy for capturing hand-written inputs via the optional stylus. It offers business professionals security and manageability capabilities, including encryption, advanced authentication, malware prevention, and automated and streamlined system deployment, monitoring and updating.
Dell also unveiled a new collection of monitors, including an OLED monitor, two new InfinityEdge monitors that offer a virtually bezel-less display and two wireless monitors that allow mobile users to connect directly to the display without cables.
The Dell UltraSharp 30 OLED monitor is Dell’s first OLED monitor, bringing together the advantages of OLED display technology to PC professionals. The monitor delivers a typical contrast ratio of 400,000:1, coverage of industry color spaces such as AdobeRGB and DCI-P3, Ultra HD 4K resolution and an ultra-fast response time of 0.1 ms. It also supports USB Type-C enabling single cable power, video and data connectivity with compatible systems.
The Dell UltraSharp InfinityEdge monitors feature the first InfinityEdge displays with ultra-thin borders. Both the 27-inch Quad HD and 23.8-inch Full HD resolution monitors support high screen performance, color precision and extensive connectivity.
The Dell UltraSharp 24 Wireless monitor and Dell 23 Wireless monitor are packed with the latest technology allowing users to wirelessly display and manage content from a Windows-powered laptop and Android smartphone concurrently via Miracast. The Dell 23 Wireless monitor has additional built-in speakers and a wireless charging stand for compatible mobile devices to enhance the no-wires experience.
- The Latitude 11 5000 Series 2-in-1 (5175) will be available beginning early February 2016 in the United States starting at $749.
- The Latitude 12 7000 Series 2-in-1 (7275) will be available beginning early February 2016 in the United States starting at $1,049.
- The Latitude 13 7000 Series Laptop (7370) will be available beginning March 8, 2016 in the United States starting at $1,299.
- The Dell UltraSharp 30 OLED monitor will be available March 31, 2016 in the United States starting at $4,999.
- The Dell UltraSharp 27 InfinityEdge monitor will be available February 25, 2016 in the United States starting at $719. The Dell UltraSharp 24 InfinityEdge monitor will be available February 25, 2016 in the United States starting at $349.
- The Dell UltraSharp 24 Wireless monitor will be available March 31, 2016 on Dell.com in the United States starting at $469. The Dell 23 Wireless monitor will be available March 31, 2016 on Dell.com in the United States starting at $429.