Full Yamaha 8824s Specifications.! The Yamaha 8824s will ship May 2000 and as it seems will be the first 8x RW CDR-W drive which will ship in market!
- 8X on CD-R
- 8X on CD-RW (you need high speed medias CD-RW 8X available by Mitsubishi Chemical and Ricoh) ( Orange book part III vol II)
- 24X CD-ROM
- 4Mo buffer
- 140ms acces time
- CRW8824E: ATAPI
- CRW8824S: Ultra SCSI (SCSI-3 protocole)
- CRW8824IX: Firewire IEEE1394 (external model on june 2000)
New Features: With a new RED BOOK Audio chipset ,
- Fully Support of CD-TEXT in writing and reading
- DAE : 24x max
The new pickup will have a new design to support CD-RW 8X and like the
CRW8424, the CRW8824 will have triple beam LASER and PPLS (Pure phase laser system for Stabilizing the laser power in writing and to have High quality and jitter free).
- CD-R , CD-RW supported: 650Mb (74min) and 700Mb (80min)
- Write on CD-R: 1x, 4x, 6x, 8x (CLV mode)
- Write on CD-RW: 2X, 4X, 8X (CLV mode)
We don't have information regarding RAW mode on CRW8824. It's under discussion.."