AMD's recently announced Crimson drivers, which replaced the Catalyst name and software, appear to cause overheating problems to graphics cards.
Following reports that new driver is setting the video card fans to 20 percent and then leaving them there, keeping the cooling performance of GPU fans low even during games and intensive workloads. As a result, high temperatures caused poor performance due to thermal throttling, graphical glitches and crashes, or even permanent hardware damage.
AMD has acknowledged the fan speed issue tthrough a Twitter post and promised to release a hot fix will today.
UPDATE: Late Monday AMD released an update for Radeon Software Crimson Edition for 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems.
Resolved issues with the latest Radeon Software Crimson Edition 15.11.1 Update:
-  Star Wars: Battlefront - Snow flickers in a few locations in the game
-  Star Wars: Battlefront - Sky rendering may be broken in some game locations
-  Fallout 4 - The compass may flicker during gameplay on AMD Radeon R9 390 Series products. We continue to investigate the issue with AMD Radeon R9 290 and AMD Radeon R9 295X2 Series products
-  Star Wars: Battlefront - Shadowy textures are visible around hills/structures/caves
-  Just Cause 3 - Texture corruption may be experienced during gameplay
-  Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 - Poor AMD Crossfire technology performance may be experienced
-  The driver installation may fail while installing the ACP component
-  The font size in Chinese language installations may be too small
-  The label range values in some AMD FreeSync technology installations may be incorrect
-  The Radeon Settings dropbox does not close when it is clicked on a second time
-  The AMD OverDrive fan settings is always set to ON after first edit on reboot
-  Language shows up as Chinese Simplified when Chinese Traditional is selected in Windows® 7
-  Radeon Settings crashes on the Display tab when cloning a display via HDMI on some notebooks
-  AMD OverDrive fan speed is reset to Manual on exiting from a 3D game or application. Users will have to reset their AMD OverDrive pages to ensure issue is fixed
-  Radeon Settings does not get upgraded in some install scenarios
-  AMD OverDrive cannot revert to default settings in some situations