Fekete's page has posted some ways to get rid of Region Lock on Pioneer 10x DVD Roms. This can be done either with hardware modification or software modification (new free! bios) :..
- No Flash memory writings. The hardware MOD is not needed.
- The internal counter will not count, you may change the region code unlimited.
- Don't need to disassemble the drive.
- The drive name cannot changed on first region setting (xxR)
- The drive will have new name ended with an "F" character
- You drive will be completly REGION FREE !!!
- You dont need to set any region code !