Fujifilm has announced the X100T, the latest evolution of its popular X-series of enthusiast compacts.
Introduced with this model is an updated Hybrid Viewfinder that includes a new electronic rangefinder feature and automatic brightness controls.
While in optical viewfinder mode, pushing the OVF / EVF switching lever to the left will switch the viewfinder to electronic rangefinder mode. Additionally, Focus Peak Highlight and Digital Split Image can be selected, and the magnification of the focused area can be changed. Compared to the X100S, the frame coverage in the X100T has been increased from 90% to 92%, and the field of view can now be accurately checked closer to the actual subject. The X100T also uses Real-time parallax correction for more accurate image composition.
Photographers also now have access to Shooting Effect Reflection settings within the Hybrid Viewfinder to recreate selected camera effects, including Film Simulations. When turned off, users can see the natural view.
The X100T is equipped with the same 16MP APS-C X-Trans CMOS II sensor we have seen in its predecessor as well as a fixed 23mm (35mm equiv) F2 lens. LCD specifications are also upgraded over the X100S, with the X100T offering a 1.04M dot 3" LCD.
The X100T provides slightly updated external controls including a wider ±3 exposure compensation dial, an aperture ring with 1/3 steps and seven customizable Fn buttons.
The camera will be offered in silver or all-black for $1299.95 in mid-November.
- 16.3MP APS-C size X-Trans CMOS II sensor
- EXR Processor II
- Advanced Hybrid Viewfinder (OVF / EVF) equipped with an Electronic Rangefinder
- Intelligent Hybrid AF in 0.08 seconds
- Fast start-up time of 0.5 seconds
- Shutter time lag of 0.01 seconds
- Shooting interval of 0.5 seconds
- FUJINON 23mm (35mm in 35mm format Equivalent) F2 lens in 8 glass elements in 6 groups with FUJINON's proprietary HT-EBC coating
- ND filter equivalent to 3 stops of aperture
- High speed continuous shooting of 6fps (25 frames continuously in JPEG at full resolution)
- Completely electronic shutter up to 1/32000 seconds
- High-definition 1.04M-dot 3" LCD
- NEW 'Classic Chrome' and other film simulation modes
- Macro mode to 3.9" (10cm)
- Focus Peaking function and Digital Split Image display
- Full HD video 1080p at 60fps; bit rate of 36Mbps for clear capture of delicate movements; frame rates of 50fps, 30fps, 25fps and 24fps, supporting worldwide motion picture formats
- Manual focus available during video recording
- Free FUJIFILM Camera Remote application and Wireless Communication function allows users to remotely shoot images from smartphones and tablets via WiFi
- Photos can be sent to the INSTAX Share Printer using the free INSTAX Share App (iOS and Android) SHARE Smartphone Printer
- Output for Stereo Microphone
- Interval timer shooting (1 second to 24 hours up to 999 frames)