LG Electronics today unveiled an LTE version of the G Pad 8.0, offering fast outdoor connectivity and portability for on-the-go media consumption.
The LG G Pad 8.0 LTE comes preloaded with LG G3 smartphone’s user experience (UX) and includes a sync feature that delivers easy connectivity with other Android devices. With QPair 2.0, users can connect to their smartphones with Bluetooth to answer phone calls, receive notifications, and send text messages, directly from their LG tablet.
Other features in the LG G Pad 8.0 LTE include:
- Touch & Shoot helps capture special moments quickly by letting users tap anywhere on the G Pad display to focus and trigger the shutter in one single step, eliminating a two-step process.
- Gesture Shot makes taking selfies simple. Opening and closing one’s hand in front of the lens starts a three-second countdown before triggering the shutter for blur-free selfies.
- Smart Keyboard makes typing on an 8-inch tablet display just as easy as typing on a smartphone. Smart Keyboard reduces input errors by up to 75 percent by tracking and analyzing typing habits and "knowing" what words the user intended to type.
- Knock Code, LG’s security feature, gives up to four users their own personal knock pattern so family members can share the LG G Pad without sharing their personal information.
The G Pad 8.0 LTE will begin shipping in key European countries starting this week followed by markets in Central and South America, Asia and CIS in the weeks to follow.
G Pad 8.0 Key Specifications:
- Display: 8.0-inch IPS (1280 x 800 / WXGA)
- Chipset: 1.2GHz Quad-Core
- Memory: 16GB eMMC / 1GB RAM / microSD slot
- Camera: Rear 5MP / Front 1.3MP
- Battery: 4200mAh
- Size: 210.8 x 124.2 x 9.9mm
- Weight: 344g
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi / LTE
- Color: Black / White / Luminous Orange / Luminous Blue
- Other: QPair 2.0 / Touch & Shoot / Gesture Shot / Smart Keyboard / Knock Code