|Last 7 Days News :
Thursday, August 07, 2014
Google To Rank Websites with HTTPS Higher
Google has changed its search engine algorithms to ensure websites that use HTTPS encryption rank higher in search results.
Google says that the algorithm will take into account whether sites use secure, encrypted connections.However, the algorithm change is very "lightweight" for now, affecting fewer than 1% of global queries, and carrying less weight than other signals such as high-quality content. But over time, Google may decide to strengthen it, bin order to encourage all website owners to switch from HTTP to HTTPS.
Here are some basic tips to get your website TLS-friendly:
- Decide the kind of certificate you need: single, multi-domain, or wildcard certificate
- Use 2048-bit key certificates
- Use relative URLs for resources that reside on the same secure domain
- Use protocol relative URLs for all other domains
- Check out Google's Site move article for more guidelines on how to change your website’s address
- Don’t block your HTTPS site from crawling using robots.txt
- Allow indexing of your pages by search engines where possible. Avoid the noindex robots meta tag