Seagate today announced a new portfolio of Networked Attached Storage (NAS) solutions designed for small businesses.
The new portfolio includes five NAS products in a range of capacities from 2TB to 30TB and performance suited for the home office to small businesses with up to 50 employees. The Seagate NAS and NAS Pro lines are introducing a new operating system, NAS OS 4, together with hardware specifically designed for small businesses without dedicated IT resources.
Now with a redesigned Device Manager, users can manage preferences and configure settings from a single location. NAS OS 4 also includes App Manager and Seagate Sdrive for remote access. Seagate says the NAS device management is easy from a desktop, laptop, tablet, or even a smartphone.
Each NAS is populated with Seagate’s NAS HDD drives in capacities up to 5TB. The NAS HDDs are designed specifically for network storage applications, and are equipped with vibration tolerance and management capabilities.
Seagate NAS and NAS Pro provide secure access to files by creating a private cloud, also enabling access to files from a centralized location, while providing shared access for clients and partners through Seagate Sdrive software – a private cloud that physically resides on Seagate NAS. With Sdrive, access to your private cloud is as easy as saving files to an external drive. Files on Sdrive are also accessible from a smartphone or tablet with free mobile apps.
Another key feature of Seagate NAS OS 4 is support for add-on apps from both Seagate and third parties. The Seagate NAS and NAS Pro will come equipped with five essential apps at launch and more will be added in the future.
- Seagate Antivirus: an app that scans the files stored on the NAS to help safeguard against viruses and malware
- Seagate Surveillance Manager: compatible with IP cameras, offering event and schedule-based recording and mobile apps for remote viewing
- WordPress: a free open-source publishing platform with design features, which allows one to easily create a blog
- Own Cloud: an app that provides universal access to one’s files via the web, a computer or from mobile devices from locations outside of the network
- BitTorrent Sync: a tool to enable synching and sharing of unlimited files and folders across all trusted devices in a secure manner
Both Seagate NAS and NAS Pro are available world-wide. Seagate NAS business storage is available in 2- and 4-bay configurations. It packs a Marvel Dual core 1.2GHz processor and 512MB of RAM. Seagate NAS is available now from NewEgg, Amazon and Seagate.com for an MSRP of $299.99 USD for the two-bay 2TB to $649.99 USD for the two-bay 10TB version. The four-bay configuration ranges from an MSRP of $599 for 4TB to 1,499.99 for 20TB.
The Seagate NAS Pro is one of the first products to debut Intel’s latest dual-core 1.7GHz C2000 Series processor and is outfitted with 2GB of RAM.. The Seagate NAS Pro range includes two-, four- and six-bay models from 2TB for an MSRP of $399.99 USD to 30TB capacities for $2499.99.