The next generation of set preparation software has arrived, as Pioneer
DJ released a big update yet to the rekordbox. rekordbox 3.0 has a
new GUI and has been built from the ground up to make it even easier to
manage and edit playlists, search for and select the best tracks to
mix, and sync track information across multiple devices and software.
rekordbox has been used by DJs to
manage their music, prepare sets and review played sets. rekordbox
analyses BPM, beat position and key information, and lets DJs add cues,
loops and beat countdowns. DJs can then perform on Pioneer players, like
the CDJ-2000NXS, with instant access to waveforms, quantise
functionality and the ability to edit playlists on the fly.
The latest update combines all the original features with exciting
additions such as 2-Player mode, which lets DJs crossfade between two
tracks to intuitively audition mixes from within the software. Mixes can be marked as a Match for quick and easy retrieval in the
future, while Related Track lets DJs call up all tracks that meet
certain tags, e.g. BPM, genre or key. Plus, My Tag gives DJs the option
to add their own tags to suit their individual style.
Improvements include faster import and export of files and enhanced
syncing with other media, including iTunes, across devices. So DJs can
take rekordbox 3.0 with them, wherever they go, with confidence.
rekordbox 3.0 is available for download free of charge at: http://rekordbox.com
2-Player mode for instant auditioning of tracks for the mix
DJs can use the on-screen crossfader to check the compatibility of two
tracks, without needing to export them to the CDJs and mixer.
Enhanced search and select features
rekordbox 3.0 makes tagging, search for and selecting tracks even easier through:
- My Tag: DJs simply click to add preset tags to tracks
– e.g. Synth, Vocal and Piano – or create their own – e.g. 909 snares,
- Preview: DJs can see a waveform view of tracks directly from the playlist and play from a point of their choosing.
- Match: DJs can click Match to link two tracks that
are playing in Preview, and rekordbox will automatically suggest one of
the tracks when the other is played in future.
- Related Tracks: with a track loaded, rekordbox will suggest tracks to mix depending on what rules the DJ chooses, e.g. key, BPM, genre.
- Shortcut: DJs can bookmark playlists and playlist folders to load them quickly and easily.
Controls for navigating tracks
In addition to a full colour waveform display, rekordbox 3.0 features:
- Cue point customisation: DJs can add comments to and colour-code their cues.
- Beat Jump: enables DJs to move the track on by a specified number of beats or bars.
- One-click access: to Play/Stop and Cue/Point.
Playlist Palette for effortless playlist editing
DJs can view up to five playlists simultaneously to move tracks between them more intuitively.
Sync Manager for one-click syncing across all devices
Sync Manager displays playlists from multiple devices and software,
e.g. rekordbox, iTunes and USB storage devices, so DJs can sync to the
latest one instantly.
Improved software performance
- Tighter beat grid accuracy: new beat position analysis ensures greater precision.
- Faster import and export: through multi-core processing. Plus DJs can continue to work in rekordbox while data is exporting.
- Improved HDD support: faster export to HDD, plus the ability to import from HDD.
Compatible Operating Systems Windows
Windows 8/Windows 8.1/Windows 8 Pro/Windows 8.1 Pro
2GB or more RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium/Professional/Ultimate/2 GHz or greater Intel Pentium 4 (or compatible) processor
| Compatible Operating Systems Mac)
Mac OS X (v10.9,10.8, 10.7 or 10.6)
2GB or more RAM
2 GHz or greater Intel Pentium 4 (or compatible) processor
| Hard disk
|| 250MB of free HD space (excluding space necessary for storing music files)
|| Audio output to speakers, headphones, etc. (built-in or external audio device)
| USB port
|| USB port for connection of the USB storage device is required to
transfer music files to a USB device (flash memory, hard disk, etc.)
| LAN port
|| An Ethernet LAN adapter (RJ45 port) for communicating with the
DJ player is required to transfer music files to a Pioneer DJ player
(i.e. CDJ-2000NXS, CDJ-900NXS). For details, check the operating
instructions of the Pioneer product, etc.
| Playable music file
|| MP3, AAC, WAV, AIFF
| Display resolution
|| 1280 x 720 and higher resolution
| Internet connection
|| SSL (i.e. Safari 2.0 and above, Internet Explorer 8.0 and above)