|Last 7 Days News :
Tuesday, February 25, 2014
New AMD Embedded Radeon E8860 GPU Supoports 4K Graphics
AMD today announced the AMD Embedded Radeon E8860 GPU (codenamed "Adelaar"), the first discrete graphics card based on Graphics Core Next (GCN) architecture.
With more than double the performance in the same power envelope as its predecessor (AMD Radeon E6760), the AMD E8860 GPU delivers 3D and 4K graphics to embedded gaming machines, digital signage, medical imaging and other embedded applications. The new GPU also delivers a 33 percent higher single precision floating point over the previous generation at 768 GFLOPS at 625 MHz, according to AMD's benchmarks.
The AMD E8860 GPU, designed in multi-chip module packaging, comes with a seven year longevity supply guarantee and is available as a mobile PCI Express module (MXM) and PCI Express add-in-board. The AMD E8860 GPU drives multiple independent displays with support for AMD Eyefinity Technology, and supports DirectX 11.1, OpenGL 4.2, and OpenCL 1.2 with support for Microsoft Windows 7, Windows Embedded 7 Standard, Windows 8/8.1, Windows Embedded 8 Standard, Linux and real-time and safety-critical operating systems supported by CoreAVI's suite of embedded software drivers.
The AMD E8860 GPU features a 128-bit wide 2GB of GDDR5 frame buffer at 1125 MHz (4.5 GHz effective) and AMD claims that it delivers up to 80% higher memory bandwidth than the best-performing of NVIDIA's sub-50W category GeForce GPUs (NVIDIA GeForce GT630 (Kepler) and NVIDIA GeForce GT640)
In parallel processing benchmarks, AMD says its latest offering is also up to 61 percent higher performance-per-watt than competing sub-50W category of discrete GPUs.
The AMD E8860 GPU has 640 Shader processors at 625 MHz and delivers 768 / 48 GFLOPS single / double precision peak (600e/4.5Gbps).
Its 3D graphics performance-per-watt is 92 per cent higher than AMD's previous generation AMD Radeon E6760 offering.
The AMD E8860 GPU is rated at 37W TDP and supports AMD's
VCE (video encode) and UVD4 (video decode) engines,
DP1.2, HDMI 1.4, Wireless Display and Stereo 3D.
AMD E8860 GPU-based solutions will be available from Curtiss-Wright Defense Solutions, Quixant, SAPPHIRE, Tech Source Inc., TUL, WOLF Industrial Systems Inc., and other board manufacturers and solution providers beginning in Q1 2014.
- Package Dimension: 37.5mm x 37.5mm MCM FCBGA
- Thermal Design Power: 37 W
- Process Technology: 28nm
- Graphics Clock (MHz): 625
- CPU Interface: PCI Express 3.0
- Shader Processing Units: 640
- Floating-point Performance (single-precision, peak) (GFLOPS): 768
- 3DMark 11P Score: 2689
- Display Engine: GCN, AMD APP technology, AMD
Eyefinity technology, and AMD HD3D technology
- DirectX version: 11.1
- Shader Model version: 5.0
- OpenGL version: 4.2
- Compute: AMD APP technology, OpenCL 1.2, and
- Unified Video Decoder (UVD): UVD 4 for H.264, VC-1, MPEG-4,
- Video Compression Encoder: H.264
- Internal Thermal Sensor: Yes
- Frame Buffer Frequency (MHz): 1125
- Configuration Type:
128-bit wide, 2048MB, Configuration Type GDDR5, 72Gbps
- Analog RGB: 1x triple 10-bit DAC, 400MHz
- DisplayPort 1.2: x5
- HDMI 1.4a: x1
- Single-/Dual-link DVI: 4x Single-link DVI / 2x Dual-link DVI
- Single-/Dual-link LVDS: 1x Single-link / Dual-link
- Number of Independent Displays: Up to two display outputs from VGA, Single-/Dual-link DVI, Single-/Dual-link LVDS, HDMI 1.4a, plus up to five display outputs