Futuremark has just released the PCMark 8 benchmark tool and it will soon be available to download and buy from Steam.
PCMark 8 combines performance benchmarking, battery life testing, a dedicated benchmark for SSDs and HDDs, and real-world tests using popular applications from Adobe and Microsoft.
The suite includes five new benchmark tests. Each benchmark produces a score you can use to compare systems as well as detailed results.
The Home, Creative, and Work tests reflect the most common computer usage patterns - light home use, demanding media and entertainment activities, and typical office productivity tasks. The Applications benchmark is a real-world test of system performance using popular applications from Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
The Storage benchmark has been designed for testing SSDs, HDDs and hybrid drives, highlighting the real-world performance differences between devices. You can use the Home, Creative, Work and Applications benchmarks to test battery life too.
PCMark 8 costs $49.95, but can be bought from Steam for $37.49 (25% off) for a limited time. Keys bought from Steam are interchangable with the standalone version.
Buy PCMark 8 from Steam - 25% off for a limited time
- Includes all five benchmarks plus battery life tests.
- Benchmark with Adobe & Microsoft applications.
- Test your SSD or HDD with the Storage test.
- Measure the battery life of your tablet or notebook.
- Run individual workloads to fine-tune your system.
- Get in-depth hardware monitoring graphs.
- Automatically save your results offline.
Or download PCMark 8 Basic Edition for free
- Includes the Home, Creative and Work benchmarks.
- Easy to use, no technical know-how needed.
- Free online account to manage your results.
With this release there is also an update for PCMark Professional Edition. Futuremark says that it's a minot update and that it does not affect current benchmark scores.