Sony Mobile has just started rolling out the maintenance release for Xperia S, Xperia SL & Xperia acro S.
After making Android JB 4.1 available for these smartphones, Sony received feedback on a few issues within the build.
Along with performance and stability tweaks / improvements, here's a changelog (of sorts) detailing what's fixed and included:
- addressed an abnormality in the white balance
- improved the "Quick Launch" button functionality
- smoothed out (1080p) video recording, minimizing lag
Apps, services & data:
- streamlined Exchange Active Sync, particularly when running an encrypted set-up
- boosted connection stability for 2G network data
- ensured preferences on 3rd party apps remain after reboot
- economised power consumption, and heat dispersion for longer life
- corrected juice level notifications, especially when running low
Hardware & UI:
- introduced a home key long-press to launch Google Now, and a double-press to launch Recent Apps
- made sure the volume "up" button is fully responsive