NEC Display Solutions of America announced today a 29-inch LED-backlit monitor that boasts an IPS panel, slim profile and comprehensive connectivity.
The EA294WMi features a panoramic view, 21:9 aspect ratio, uniform color brightness and 2560 x 1080 resolution. It also consumes 29 percent less power than dual 19-inch monitors with similar LCD panel technology. The EA294WMi offers split-screen Picture by Picture/Side by Side (PBP) functionality, which enables two sources to display information on one monitor.
The widescreen model features IPS panel technology, providing wide viewing angles (178° horizontal/vertical) and ergonomic adjustability. ControlSync technology allows users to control up to six EA294WMi displays in a multi-monitor configuration. Upon establishing one unit as the master, users are able to control many performance attributes of the multi-monitor setup in unison through the single monitor.
Smart sensing technology automatically detects work conditions to determine the proper display brightness with ambient light and human sensors, while an input panel, including DisplayPort, HDMI/MHL, DVI-D, VGA and 4-port USB hub, connects users to the latest peripherals. Select smartphones (MHL-embedded) also can be connected via HDMI/MHL for HD quality images or video.
The MultiSync EA294WMi includes the following features:
- 29-inch, 21:9 IPS panel with LED backlighting
- 2560 x 1080 resolution and 300 cd/m2 brightness
- 25,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio (1000:1 typical)
- Wide viewing angles of 178°H/178°V and 100 percent sRBG support
- 97 dpi and 6ms response time
- Thinner bezel and slimmer chassis with OSD touch controls
- Picture by Picture (PBP) functionality
- Enhanced efficiency with Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel
- Ergonomic adjustable stand with 130mm height-adjust, tilt, swivel and pivot
- Six inputs, which include (1) DisplayPort, (1) HDMI/MHL, (2) DVI-D and (2) VGA D-sub inputs, and provide future-proof connectivity
- Integrated 4-port USB 2.0 hub (2 rear, 2 side) and integrated speakers (1W x 2)
- ControlSync for multi-screen setups
- Smart sensing technology (ambient light and human sensors)
- NaViSet Administrator 2.0
- DICOM Simulation
- TCO Certified Edge 1.2
- ECO Mode, carbon footprint meter and cost meter
- ENERGY STAR 5.1 and TCO 6.0 compliant
- EPEAT Gold
The MultiSync EA294WMi ships with a 3-year limited parts and labor warranty, and will be available in early May 2013 at an estimated street price of $799.