IBM today unveiled IBM MobileFirst, a mobile portfolio that combines security, analytics and app development software, with cloud-based services and mobile expertise.
The services include a portfolio of products for security, device management as well as analytics and application development, the company said.
"Using IBM MobileFirst solutions, businesses can streamline everything from the management of employee mobile devices, to the creation of a new mobile commerce app that will transform their entire business model," IBM said.
MobileFirst is part of IBM's expanded mobile strategy as the company tries to gain an advantage over rivals amid a proliferation of devices such as smartphones and tablets.
Through IBM MobileFirst, IBM is providing companies with the tools to take advantage of new business opportunities being enabled by mobile:
IBM MobileFirst Platform - New updates include expanded capabilities of IBM Worklight to simplify deployment. It also features single sign-on capabilities for multiple applications. A new beta of the Rational Test Workbench for mobile helps to improve the reliability of mobile apps.
- IBM MobileFirst Security - IBM extends its context-based mobile access control solutions and expands mobile application vulnerability testing with support for Apple iOS apps with the latest release of AppScan.
- IBM MobileFirst Management - New updates to IBM Endpoint Manager include enhanced support for Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) programs and increased security standards.
- IBM MobileFirst Analytics - IBM is expanding its Tealeaf CX Mobile solution to give enterprises more visual insight into mobile behaviors so they can better understand where improvements are needed.
These solutions can also be delivered through cloud and managed services.
The IBM MobileFirst portfolio also features several services to help clients establish mobile strategies, design and implement mobile projects. These include:
- IBM MobileFirst Strategy and Design Services - IBM's clients can tap into IBM expertise to map out a mobile strategy for their employees and customers, and design skills from IBM Interactive to build compelling mobile experiences. IBM's new Mobile Maturity Model can assess how a business is progressing towards becoming a mobile enterprise, while new Mobile Workshops help clients develop applications, architect infrastructure and accelerate their mobile progress.
- IBM MobileFirst Development and Integration Services - IBM offers services that help organizations roll out a mobile infrastructure and manage mobile application portfolios and BYOD environments. Enhanced Network Infrastructure Services for Mobile provide IT network strategy, optimization, integration and management. Mobile Enterprise Services for Managed Mobility help manage and secure smartphones, tablets and devices across a business. Mobile Application Platform Management helps speed deployment of mobile infrastructure to develop mobile applications more quickly.
IBM also announced an expanded relationship with AT&T to provide developers with tools to create mobile apps and services.