Marvell today announced the Marvell PXA1088, a quad-core application and communications mobile System-on-Chip (SoC) that supports all global broadband standards and the latest wireless connectivity technology.
The Marvell PXA1088 solution incorporates the performance of a quad-core ARM Cortex-A7 with Marvell's WCDMA and TD-SCDMA modem technology to provide a low-cost 3G platform for both smartphones and tablets. Marvell?s complete mobile platform solution includes the Avastar 88W8777 WLAN + Bluetooth 4.0 + FM single-chip SoC and the L2000 GNSS Hybrid Location Processor, and an integrated power management and audio codec IC.
Marvell's PXA1088 is backward pin-to-pin compatible with its dual-core single-chip Unified 3G Platform, the PXA988/PXA986.
Marvell will showcase the PXA1088 alongside a range of mobile devices at Mobile World Congress, February 25-28, at the Fira Gran Via in Barcelona.
Additional PXA1088 Features:
- Support for advanced WCDMA Release 7, TD-SCDMA HSPA+ Release 8, and class 12 EDGE
- 3G protocol stack certified on all major carrier networks and validated via extensive IOT, GCF and field trail testing
- Support for popular full-feature operating systems and industry-standard development tools
- Multi-radio platform capabilities with WLAN/Bluetooth solutions
- Integrated power management and audio Codec IC
- High-performance graphics engine for OpenGL ES 2.0 and 1.1, as well as OpenVG 1.1
- Hardware 1080p decoder and 1080p encoder
- 12mm x 12mm JEDEC standard package-on-package stacked memory option or discrete package option
- Supports the latest Android OS
Products based on this platform are expected to be commercially available in 2013.