AMD has rolled out new Catalyst drivers
for its Radeon graphics cards. The Catalyst 13.1 release is certified by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs.
This update includes an upgraded 3D Application Settings control panel page, performance optimizations and fixes available in AMD Catalyst 12.11 Beta 11.
AMD says the following performance numbers can be obtained using any of its 7000 series at high, extreme, or ultra graphics detail levels:
- Enhanced performance in Far Cry 3 (up to 25% with 8xMSAA, SSAO enabled @ 1600p, and up to 15% with 8xMSAA, HDAO enabled @1600p) (AMD Catalyst 12.11 CAP2 must also be installed)
- Enhanced AMD CrossFire scaling performance in Call of Duty Black Ops 2
- Up to 10%-15% more performance in Battlefield 3 in most cases
- More than 20% in certain missions and sequences (Comrades)
- Up to 7% more performance in Metro 2033
- Up to 10% more performance in DiRT Showdown
- Up to 8% more performance in Sleeping Dogs
- Up to 12% more performance in Civilization V
- Up to 10% more performance in StarCraft II
- Up to 8% more performance in Sniper Elite: V2
- Up to 5% more performance in Max Payne 3
The Radeon HD 7970M should also be "substantially" quicker in DirectX 9, 10, and 11 games on Enduro-capable platforms, AMD says.