Pioneer's most affordable DJ controller, the DDJ-WeGO, currently bundled with the "Virtual DJ Limited Edition" software by Atomix Productions, is now also compatible with Algoriddim's djay DJ software.
The djay software, available exclusively for Mac, utilizes the user's iTunes music library to simplify music mixing and provides basic DJ functions such as scratching and mixing, an Auto Mix feature and a graphical user interface (GUI) that rotates the album artwork of the music being played. Current users of the djay software can simply update the software for compatibility when used with a DDJ-WeGO.
For DDJ-WeGO users, a "djay LE" version of the software is available at no cost with. The "djay LE" software provides many of the same functions as the original "djay" version, with the exception of the Recording and Automix functions, and can be downloaded from the Algoriddim website (http://www.algoriddim.com/djay-le).
Pioneer's DDJ-WeGO DJ entry-level controllers feature:
- Jog FX - Allows users to combine multiple effects and control them simultaneously using the Jog wheel.
- Pulse Control - Provides users with visual prompts with a variety of colored lights on the Jog platters:
Mix Pulse - The mix pulse mode shows the difference in pitch of songs currently playing through the light of the Jog wheel. As the pitch of songs begin to match, the intensity of the light increases, allowing the user to check visually that the beats are in sync. In conjunction with the music, the pulse of lights helps to improve beat matching skills.
Launch Pulse - Triggers a red light on the Jog wheel to signify that music has been loaded successfully.
FX Pulse - The effect being applied to the currently playing song will not only be heard, but will also be represented visually via the light movements on the Jog wheel.
- USB Power - The DDJ-WeGO utilizes power from USB connections found on most computers, eliminating the need for an external power supply.
- Five available colors: white, black, red, green, and violet
- Built-in audio ports for high quality sound input and output
-Built-in sound card for expanded music storage and portability
- Compact in size and weighs less than four pounds for easy transportation
Pioneer's DDJ-WeGO controller is available with a suggested retail price of $399.