Pioneer today unveiled its next generation flagship CDJ player, the CDJ-2000nexus, offering new features and technologies including Wi-Fi connectivity, compatibility with Pioneer?s new rekordbox App for iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, and new functions such as Beat Sync, Wave Zoom and Slip.
Newly enhanced features inherited by the CDJ-2000nexus include a selection screen interface for easier music search, increased visibility of the needle search pad, and improved master tempo sound quality.
The CDJ-2000nexus can utilize different music sources, from a hard drive to USB thumb drive and/or SD memory card, and now for the first time, an iPhone, iPad and iPod touch and a computer via Wi-Fi. Using Pioneer?s rekordbox App to create playlists, cue/loop points, beat location settings, waveform analysis and more, users can temporarily transfer the content wirelessly through Wi-Fi to the CDJ-2000nexus. Users can also perform the same wireless function with a Mac utilizing the rekordbox music management software.
With the included rekordbox music management software installed on a computer, users can organize and catalog their entire music libraries. Newly added features available when rekordbox is used with the CDJ-2000nexus include music file analysis functions such as Wave Form Zoom (wave form expansion) and Key, as well as additional settings such as Active Loop and Hot Cue Auto Load.
When music files are imported to rekordbox, the software analyzes each file and prepares it for use specifically for the CDJ player. Key elements of Pioneer's rekordbox software:
- Data Analysis - Wave Zoom, Key, Wave, Beat Grid, BPM, ID3 Tag and more
- Track Settings - Active Loop, Hot Cue Auto Load, Cue, Loop
- Creation and editing of Playlists
- Saving of playback log information
The CDJ-2000nexus features a full-color WQVGA 6.1-inch (480 x 234) LCD panel for displaying song titles and album art as well as detailed track information. The Wave data of each song is also illustrated on screen and the new Wave Zoom function provides five different levels of magnification of the wave data which are color-coded according to bandwidth.
Pioneer's Pro DJ Link feature enables up to four CDJ-2000nexus players to connect via the Link Port and share a single music source. Additional functions added to the CDJ-2000nexus that can be accessed when other players are connected using the Pro DJ Link are:
- Beat Sync - Tempo and beat location of music currently playing on one of the device can be matched with the push of a button.
- Traffic Light - Shows the keys of music being played by any players connected via Pro DJ Link, making key-compatible music easier to find by a different color indicator.
- Beat Count and Phase Meter - The Beat Count, which is the number of beats until a set point (memory cue), and the Phase Meter, which shows the beat/bar of the music, can also be displayed simultaneously by other players.
Pioneer also added Slip Mode and Quantize functions to the CDJ-2000nexus.
- Slip Mode - When activated, Slip Mode silently continues song playback during a loop, reverse or scratch and continues audible playback at the exact time when the loop, reverse or scratch is ended, resulting in smoother transitions.
- Quantize - Utilizing a Quantizing feature, cue points and loops can be set perfectly on-beat. The Quantize feature ensures cue points are set accurately and automatically, correcting and synching beats during manual looping or real-time cueing to reduce off-beat mistakes.
- My Settings - The function settings of a player can be saved to an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, USB storage device, SD memory card, or other device. For additional convenience, the settings can also be can be made ahead of time on the rekordbox App or software allowing users switch to their settings when a connection is made to the CDJ-2000nexus.
- Wolfson Processor - The player is equipped with the audio respected Wolfson DAC processor, delivering a very transparent audio signal with a highly improved signal-to-noise ratio and increased headroom.
- DJ software MIDI/HID control ? Up to 35 controls on the surface of each player can be used to trigger other devices, such as DJ effectors and software by way of HID and/or MIDI.
- Active Loop - Automatically starts loops when playback begins from a specified point.
- Load Previous Track - Playback of prior music that has been loaded to the player.
- Rating on the Go - Users can rate tracks during play for easy reference or sorting.
The CDJ-2000nexus will be available in September with a suggested retail price of $2,399.
The rekordbox App is available for free from the App Store on iPhone and iPod touch or at www.itunes.com/appstore/.