Pioneer today introduced two new Elite branded AV receivers, the 7.1-channel Elite VSX-42 and the 7.2-channel VSX-60 models.
Both devices incorporate Pioneer?s audio and video technologies, advanced network and smart streaming features such as Apple?s AirPlay, DLNA (1.5) and Internet radio, with performance features including 192kHz/24-Bit FLAC, WAVE file streaming, Hi-Bit DACs and HDMI conversion and video scaling. The two models also include a variety of audio, video and custom home theater enhancements including MCACC auto-calibration, multi-HDMI inputs and Pioneer's proprietary apps for iPhone and iPad, including its new ControlAPP and iControlAV2012.
Each Elite receiver is network capable, offering Ethernet connectivity. Features in both models include:
- AirPlay - Elite users can wirelessly bring their entire iTunes music library into their home theater system using both receivers' built-in Apple AirPlay technology. The music from iTunes can be accessed through a personal computer or an iPad, iPhone or iPod touch, and the album art and audio metadata can be displayed on a connected monitor/TV. Wi-Fi connectivity with Pioneer's optional AS-WL300 network adapter is available for the step-up VSX-60 to simplify the connection process.
- DLNA Certified (1.5) - The Elite receivers are also DLNA Certified, allowing music content to be shared from a PC to the receiver via the user's home network. Through Ethernet or the optional AS-WL300 wireless network adapter (on the VSX-60 only), each receiver can access and play high resolution music up to 192kHz/24-Bit FLAC and WAV. Audio can also be streamed and controlled through the Elite receivers using other compatible DLNA Certified media servers.
- Bluetooth Audio Streaming - With the optional Bluetooth adapter, each receiver supports wireless Bluetooth transfer of audio content from any A2DP Bluetooth wireless enabled mobile device or personal computer. And, with Pioneer's exclusive Sound Retriever AIR technology, specifically designed to enhance Bluetooth audio transmissions, music playback delivered via Bluetooth achieves high sound quality.
- Music Services - The VSX-42 and VSX-60 are equipped with vTuner Internet radi to bring Internet radio stations into the living room. The feature is further enhanced with the addition of PANDORA Internet radio and access to SiriusXM Radio (with paid subscription) with the VSX-60 model.
- ControlApp and iControlAV2012 - Controlling home entertainment systems with mobile devices is becoming more popular, and Pioneer makes it possible with its proprietary apps, ControlApp (for VSX-42) and iControlAV2012 (for VSX-60). Both are available as a free download from the Apple App Store for the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch or www.apple.com/itunes/, and as an Android App by download from Google Play. Both apps control power on and off, volume, and sound mode settings, as well as the ability for the user to choose and control content from Pandora, Internet radio stations and music files from network-attached storage (NAS) devices on a home network. The iControlAV2012 adds enhanced single screen access points, 18 DSP sound adjustments via Pioneer Sound Explorer, including 4 Virtual speaker modes (Height, Surround Back, Depth, and new Virtual Wide) as well as 2nd zone content and volume control.
Maximizing the performance of any television, the Elite receivers use the latest technologies for 1080p video conversion and scaling to significantly improve the image quality from any source.
Pioneer's VSX-42 uses an Anchor Bay video processor while the VSX-60 incorporates Marvell's Qdeo technology.
The VSX-60 features Pioneer's Stream Smoother technology to automatically improve images coming from the Internet via other devices such as connected Blu-ray Disc players, thereby reducing compression noise and reproducing cleaner images.
Pioneer's Advanced Video Adjust technology used in the VSX-60 model automatically optimizes video signals by the type of display (selected manually) connected to the receiver, such as Plasma, LCD and Front Projector.
While both models incorporate 192kHz/24-Bit DACs, MCACC room calibration and Advanced Sound Retriever for excellent sound quality, the VSX-60 takes it further with Advanced MCACC, Phase Control Plus, PQLS Bit Stream and Virtual Depth.
In addition to MCACC's ability to automatically compensate for differences in speaker size, level and distance, Advanced MCACC on the VSX-60 uses 3D calibration for a more precise measurement by including time axis measurements.
The VSX-60 enables users to delay the signal output of the main channels of the receiver from 0-16 milliseconds to compensate for the potential lag of low frequency signals (subwoofers). With Phase Control Plus, listeners can receive all audio signals at the same time.
PQLS technology eliminates distortion that can be caused by digital bit stream timing errors by synchronizing digital audio signals between the VSX-60 and the PQLS-compatible player.
For a more realistic audio video experience, the VSX-60 features Pioneer's exclusive Virtual Modes. The receiver can simulate sound coming from various areas in a room without actual additional speakers connected. The technology can simulate a virtual surround back, virtual height and virtual depth to obtain audio effects that replicate environments being watched on a television.
The Elite VSX-42 and VSX-60 receivers are available now for $450) and $650, respectively.