Research In Motion (RIM) today announced general availability of BlackBerry Business Cloud Services for Microsoft Office 365 ? a new service for business and government organizations that extends Microsoft Exchange Online to BlackBerry smartphones.
The service is available at no additional charge to current medium-sized or enterprise subscribers of the Office 365 suite or standalone Exchange Online and works with BlackBerry smartphones on business or consumer data plans.
BlackBerry Business Cloud Services offers administration and flexible smartphone self-service features to support an organization's BlackBerry deployment in the cloud. Key features include:
- Wireless synchronization with Microsoft Exchange Online email, calendar and organizer data from a BlackBerry smartphone
- BlackBerry Balance technology, which presents a unified view of work and personal content on a BlackBerry smartphone while keeping the content separate and secure
- A web-based console for IT administrators to provision, manage and secure BlackBerry smartphones from anywhere
- Online access to employee self-service smartphone security functions, allowing users to easily reset a device password or remotely lock or wipe a device in the event of loss or theft
- Managed service providers, systems integrators, carriers, resellers and other partners can also use the cloud service to manage BlackBerry deployments on behalf of their customers.
The service is available today in over 50 countries. Visit www.blackberry.com/cloudservices to get started.