Motorola Mobility and Verizon Wireless today introduced two new additions to the DROID family, the DROID XYBOARD tablets.
Additionally, Verizon Wireless will debut the DROID RAZR by Motorola in a new white color. All three products will be upgraded to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
The new DROID XYBOARD tablets both boast the speeds of Verizon Wireless' 4G LTE network and the power of dual-core 1.2 GHz processors, 1 GB of RAM and MotoCast for remote access to non DRM-protected music, pictures, videos and documents stored on work or home computers' hard drives. Both are equipped with scratch-resistant displays that use Corning Gorilla Glass and a coating of water-repellent nanoparticles makes them resistant to accidental spills and splashes.
Lighter than a paperback book and thinner than an AAA battery, the DROID XYBOARD tablets feature Android 3.2 Honeycomb, high-definition displays with wide viewing angles, magnesium-reinforced bodies with aluminum housing and portable form-factors. Both tablets offer Business Ready features, including enterprise-grade security and apps such as Quickoffice HD for document editing and creation, Citrix GoToMeeting for productivity and collaboration and Google Talk for video conferencing.
The DROID XYBOARD 10.1 is optimized for productivity with stylus support for notetaking and markup using a tip stylus, included in the box. The XYBOARD 8.2 features a 2.1 adaptive virtual surround sound and a high-definition display for enjoying Netflix movies in up to HD quality, concert-like music and serious gaming. Powered by the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network, DROID XYBOARD 10.1 and 8.2 users can soar through the Web at speeds of 5 to 12 megabits per second (Mbps) and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps within 4G LTE Mobile Broadband coverage areas.
Additional features for DROID XYBOARD tablets:
- 10.1-inch and 8.2-inch high-definition In-Plane Switching (IPS) display for DROID XYBOARD 10.1 and DROID XYBOARD 8.2 respectively
- Mobile Hotspot Capability - share 4G LTE connection with up to eight Wi-Fi-enabled devices
- 5-megapixel rear-facing HD cameras with digital zoom, autofocus and LED flash
- 1.3-megapixel HD front-facing cameras
- Dijit app allows DROID XYBOARD tablets to double as a universal remote control with an electronic programming guide for TVs, Blu-ray Disc players, digital video records (DVR), and most other consumer electronics
- Support for Google Mobile Services including Gmail, YouTube, Google Talk, Google Search, Google Maps and access to millions of books from Google Books
- Wi-Fi Connectivity (802.11 a/b/g/n)
Both DROID XYBOARD tablets will be available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com this month.
The DROID XYBOARD 10.1 will be available in three models: 16 GB for $529.99, 32 GB for $629.99 and 64 GB for $729.99 all with a new two-year customer agreement.
The DROID XYBOARD 8.2 will be available in two models: 16 GB for $429.99 and 32 GB for $529.99 both with a new two-year customer agreement.
Verizon's customers that purchase a DROID XYBOARD tablet will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Mobile Broadband data plan starting at $30 monthly access for 2 GB of data.
DROID RAZR in white will be available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com this month for $299.99 with a new two-year customer agreement. Verizon's customers that purchase a DROID RAZR will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan beginning at $39.99 monthly access and a smartphone data package starting at $30 monthly access for 2 GB of data.