Microsoft today announced the availability of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM November 2011 service update for Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online, as well as for on-premises and partner-hosted deployments.
The Microsoft Dynamics CRM November 2011 service update new integrated social collaboration capabilities, as well as a unified Microsoft Office 365 experience and enhancements for enterprises using Microsoft Dynamics CRM in the cloud.
With the new release, Microsoft Dynamics CRM introduces new social collaboration capabilities that include the following:
- Activity feeds. Configurable, real-time notifications on important relationships and significant business events via a blended view of micro-blog posts and interactions for a person, customer or sales opportunity.
- Micro-blogging. Status updates and notifications regarding business events and actions.
- Conversations. Post questions, observations, suggestions and status updates, allowing users to collaborate efficiently.
- Automated activity updates. Post information directly to the activity feed based on configurable event rules. People can subscribe to or "follow" these activity feeds and consume them in a variety of ways.
- Mobile activity feeds. A new Microsoft Dynamics CRM mobile Activity Feeds application for Windows Phone 7 allows users to view their activity feeds while away from the office.
More information about Microsoft Dynamics CRM and a demonstration of the new social collaboration capabilities are available at http://crm.dynamics.com/nov2011.
With the Microsoft Dynamics CRM November 2011 service update, Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online also simplifies cloud service management by offering a common administration, billing and provisioning platform with Office 365.
In addition, the Microsoft Dynamics CRM November 2011 service update offers improved disaster recovery features with in-region replication to further help protect data and offer high levels of business continuity in the event of a disaster.