Verizon Wireless and Motorola Mobility today announced the Motorola XOOM 4G LTE upgrade is available for existing Motorola XOOM customers beginning today.
The Motorola XOOM 4G LTE is available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com beginning Oct. 13 for $499.99 with a new two-year contract.
Starting today, Motorola XOOM customers can visit www.verizonwireless.com/Xoom4GLTEupgrade for complete instructions and to begin the 4G LTE upgrade process. Customers who signed up for email alerts will receive an email notification with instructions. Customers should expect to get their updated Motorola XOOM with 4G LTE back in approximately six business days. The 4G LTE upgrade is free of charge and customers do not have to change their current data plan when upgrading to 4G LTE.
Acording to the companies, users should expect average download speeds of 5 to 12 Mbps and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps in 4G LTE mobile broadband coverage areas.
- 10.1-inch widescreen HD display
- 32 GB built-in storage (actual formatted capacity is less), with microSD card slot supporting additional 32 GB
- Android 3.2 Honeycomb - supports Google Mobile Services including Gmail, YouTube, Google Talk, Google Search, Google Maps, Google Movies, Google Books and Android Market
- Dual-core 1 GHz processor
- Adobe Flash 10- enabling the delivery of rich Flash based web content including videos, casual games and applications
- 2-megapixel front-facing camera for video chats over 4G LTE, 3G and WiFi
- 5-megapixel rear-facing camera with LED flash
Motorola XOOM customers will have the option to choose one of the following mobile broadband data plans:
- $30 monthly access for 2GB monthly allowance
- $50 monthly access for 5GB monthly allowance
- $80 monthly access for 10GB monthly allowance