Fujitsu today announced that it is currently developing a cloud platform-tentatively named the Convergence Services Platform-that will leverage "big data."
Fujitsu will offer this platform in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011, followed by a phased service release.
The Convergence Services Platform is a PaaS platform that accumulates data collected from a variety of sensors or data that has already been collected, integrates it, processes it in real time, and uses it to make future projections.
Features of the New Platform
The platform integrates, via the cloud, all of the technologies required to leverage big data, including compound event processing, parallel distributed processing, data compression and anonymization, and data mashups.
Different types of large data sets, including data collected from a variety of sensors, business transaction log data, text data, and binary streams, can be integrated for a variety of purposes.
Depending on the requirements of the service employed, it can be used starting from even a small scale in terms of data volumes and number of servers employed. Only computing resources that are required are used, making for appropriate operational costs.
The Convergence Services Platform is comprised of the following six-function suite.
- By applying rules to the data streaming in from sensors, an analysis of the current status can be performed and, based on that analysis, decisions can be made with navigation or other required procedures performed in real time.
- A huge volume of diverse data in different formats constantly being collected from sensors is efficiently accumulated and managed through the use of technology that automatically categorizes the data for archive storage.
- The huge volume of accumulated data is quickly analyzed using a parallel distributed processing engine to create value through the analysis of past data, future prediction, or simulations.
- Using service mashup technology, the analytical results from the platform are integrated with multiple web services to easily create new navigation services. The analysis and judgment results are made visible and used to inform recommendations that are made to support end users.
- Using data federation technology in which the data can be accessed in compliance with authorizations, secure data convergence among tenants (customers) is available in the required format when needed.
- Development support functions and operations management functions for the entire platform are provided in a user portal. As a result, all development resources can be managed and operated in an integrated manner.
The Convergence Services Platform is expected to be provided in the following three formats:
- Integration format: Fujitsu provides the platform as a PaaS and develops the customer's proprietary applications on the platform
- Application services format: Fujitsu provides each type of application service (such as SPATIOWL) via the platform
- Data format: Fujitsu utilizes the environment for analyzing the customer's data as well as the data accumulated on the platform