Crucial has just issued a new firmware update (FW 0009) via download on our Crucial.com forums to the owners of Crucial m4 SSDs.
This new firmware update will enhance performance of the existing Crucial m4 SSDs in the following ways:
- Sequential read speeds by up to 20%
- PCMark Vantage benchmark scores, which results in an improved user experience in most operating systems
- Throughput performance
- Write latency for better performance under heavy write workloads
- Compatibility with latest chipsets
- Intermittent failures in cold boot up related to some specific host systems
- Users with faster boot up times
- Compensation for SATA speed negotiation issues between some SATA-II chipsets and the SATA-III device
The improvements previously made in version 0002 are also incorporated into this release, and the Crucial m4 SSD can be updated to revision 0009 directly from either revision 0001 or 0002.