Verizon Wireless and Samsung today announced that the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 with 4G LTE will be available July 28 in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online.
- 4G LTE - customers can expect download speeds of 5 to 12 Mbps and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps in 4G Mobile Broadband coverage area
- WiFi 802.11b/g/n
- Android 3.1 Honeycomb platform - Supports Google Mobile Services including Gmail, YouTube, Google Talk, Google Search, Google Maps, Google Movies, Google Books and Android Market
- Adobe Flash 10.3 technology
- NVIDIA Tegra2 dual core 1GHz application processor
- 10.1-inch HD touchscreen display with WXGA 1280 x 800 resolution
- 3 megapixel rear-facing camera and 2 megapixel front-facing camera for video chat capabilities
- 1080p HD video playback on an HD TV or other 1080p HD device
- Samsung Media Hub ?Offering a vast lineup of films and TV programs for rent or purchase. Media Hub has been redesigned allowing users to playback Media Hub content on their TV through an HDMI adapter (sold separately). Purchased content can be shared with up to five devices enabled with Media Hub at no extra cost
Pricing and data plans:
- Verizon Wireless will offer two 4G LTE Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 models both priced with two year customer agreements: $529.99 or the 16GB model and $629.99 for the 32GB model.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 customers will have the option to choose one of the following Mobile Broadband plans:
o $30 monthly access for 2GB monthly allowance
o $50 monthly access for 5GB monthly allowance
o $80 monthly access for 10GB monthly allowance
- A 16GB Wi-Fi-only Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 will also be available online at www.verisonwireless.com on July 28 for $499.99. The WiFi-only model will be available in Metallic Grey.
Samsung Media Hub Credit:
- For a limited time, Verizon Wireless customers will get a free $25 Media Hub credit from Samsung with their Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 purchase, good towards TV program purchases.