MediaTek today announced an advanced wireless combo chip for smartphones, tablets and portable devices.
The MediaTek MT6620 integrates 802.11n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0+HS, GPS, and FM transmitter/receiver on a single chip with size and power benefits.
The MT6620 implements radio coexistence algorithms and hardware mechanisms to enhanced overall quality for simultaneous voice, data, and audio/video transmissions. Its small size significantly reduces PCB layout area and simplifies design efforts. In addition, the MediaTek Symphony software package supports all wireless features on the Android operation system. BlueAngel Bluetooth software currently can support up to 15 profiles.
The MT6620 supports all the leading standards: dual band 2.4GHz and 5GHz 802.11n Wi-Fi with WiFi Direct and Hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0+HS for simultaneous dual mode Bluetooth BR/EDR/HS and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) operations, GPS with Galileo/SBAS/QZSS and patent pending AlwaysLocate technology, FM radio with both transmitter and receiver, making the MT6620 ideal solution for portable devices that require.
The MT6620 has entered mass production and is shipping to Mediatek's customers in sizable quantities now.
MT6620 Product Highlights:
- Low power, small size and high performance Wi-Fi/Bluetooth/GPS/FM solution
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n dual band single stream (20/40MHz) with dual band LNA and 2.4GHz PA integration
- Bluetooth 4.0+HS support with PA integration
- Supports GPS/Galileo/QZSS/SBAS with -165dBm tracking sensitivity
- FM Tx/Rx with RDS/RBDS support
- Supports Wi-Fi Direct and WAPI hardware encryption
- Supports FM over Bluetooth
- PLC (Packet Loss Concealment) technology for superior audio quality
- Advanced AlwaysLocate location awareness technology with ultra-low power consumption
- Flexible host interfaces including single SDIO for all wireless functions