Comcast is working with technology and content providers to deliver the company's next-generation Xfinity TV experience.
Comcast said that Xfinity TV will feature a new guide and user interface that makes the TV screen more interactive, personal and social.
Comcast Chairman and CEO Brian L. Roberts will demonstrate this new service and new speeds at the 2011 NCTA show in Chicago on Thursday.
Xfinity TV wil offer users:
- Fast search that lets users find what they want to watch in seconds from thousands of choices on TV, On Demand, on their DVR, or from a selection of additional content.
- A more personalized TV experience called MyTV where users can see and access all of their recordings, favorites and recommendations in one place that reflects their interests, favorite series, sports teams, movies and music.
- Interactive apps that are easy to access and enhanced for TV, like traffic and weather, and social apps like Facebook that let users share and discover what to watch with their friends.
Xfinity TV integrates technology, content and applications from industry leaders including:
- Integrating with Facebook to bring social apps to TV.
- Intel provided the Intel Architecture-based CE SoC for the new set-top boxes, delivering the CPU and graphics performance required for the service?s advanced user interface, fast performance and new interactive applications.
- Pace plc developed the hybrid set-top box with tru2way and IP capability.
- thePlatform, a video publishing company wholly owned by Comcast, is bringing its cloud-based video publishing system, mpx, as the content management infrastructure for the service.
This is the first of a series of products made possible by Xcalibur, an application and video platform that uses cloud computing services in the Comcast network to bring new television services to consumers.